PDA

View Full Version : Error 139.

Azbear
03-20-2007, 10:09 PM
After receiving a new card from a loyal CW user today, I eagerly started carving to try and catch up. In to a 3 hour project I was dancing a jig while looking at the majority of my project coming out just as I planned. Then a loud whinning noise and machine stopped. Display showed a ERROR 139.

Entered this message in the "search" in this forum and found nothing. Any help from anyone would be greatly accepted.

Also, if the fix can be taken care of, think I can continue where it stopped or is it a start over thing? The bit is still in place where it stopped carving.

Does this forum have a spell check?

Azbear
03-24-2007, 10:52 PM
Any one have this show up on the display when machine stops?

HandTurnedMaple
03-24-2007, 11:25 PM
I've never seen that one, but I am sure it wasn't the new memory card. ;)

What have you tried? As far as the loud whining noise goes, pop off the flexshaft cable from the head and see if you can turn the motor with the cable. Can you move the head back and forth, and up and down with the proper resistance? And does the bit turn?

As far as starting where you ended, the answer is basically no. There are a number of posts making suggestions on the subject. You can eliminate some of the items already cut to reduce recut time. You will also have to tape where the board sensor reads so it works accurately the second time. The re-alignment is difficult (but possible), and don't allow it scale.

Azbear
03-25-2007, 10:27 AM
I did check out the cable from motor to carving bit. It was very hot, but all seemed fine. Had resistance from motor at other end of cable. Moved cutter assembly up/down, left/right. After some days went by, I did find my carving bit broke right at the very tip. Don't have any in stock, CW either. Was lucky to purchase one from a forum user. It should be here Monday/Tuesday.
Been working for the man a lot lately so haven't had time to try again. Wondering though, as the project I was carving was a 3 hour plus, maybe the bit was just to hot and broke? Error 139? Perhaps I should stop about 1/2 way through and let things cool down. Then resume the carving.

HandTurnedMaple
03-25-2007, 11:15 AM
I usually stop mine for 5 minutes every 30-45 minutes while I vacuum it out. I also have a small fan blowing across it to keep the cable cool. Does any of it help? Who knows...

If you intend to let the machine pause, make sure you increase the power-down time so it doesn't shut off during the cool-down period. Its under Options on the keypad.

liquidguitars
03-25-2007, 02:03 PM
Error 139?

Just a guess are your rollers clean as dust can build up under the roller sensors. and reinstall your flex shaft.

Lig