PDA

View Full Version : pattern assistance

Cabinetdesigner
07-09-2016, 09:42 AM
Is there anyway to turn this logo into a 3-d looking pattern. I am willing to pay for a good pattern.

bergerud
07-09-2016, 10:02 AM
Here is a quick try to start the ball rolling.

Cabinetdesigner
07-09-2016, 11:00 AM
that is great what do I Owe you.

bergerud
07-09-2016, 11:28 AM
You do not owe me anything. I just like to play. You should wait, however, someone else might come up with something better.

oscarl48
07-09-2016, 12:06 PM
Dan and few others are masters with the Shadermap program. I have it but my results never look as good as theirs. So I use different methods.

An alternate method is to find a cow skull pattern and simply add the text to the front. Depending on size and purpose, a nice texture in the background really brings out the detail in the carving.

The pattern enclosed is of the cow skull alone with the down turned horns. I have shared the same pattern with the horns pointing up. You can find it in the pattern sharing section if you need it. There are some great patterns there that have been shared in the past but it can be a bit of fun (did I mean frustrating?!??) to find the exact one you are looking for sometimes. I have literally lost a few in the pile because I can't remember what I named them. Lol

myshop1044
07-09-2016, 12:20 PM
You might consider getting the ptn made without the text, then you could place the text in any position on the plaque,
just a though, I always do that on my projects.

bjbethke
07-09-2016, 02:34 PM
Is there anyway to turn this logo into a 3-d looking pattern. I am willing to pay for a good pattern.

Hi CD; I tried making your pattern image, I found removing the background destroyed the Skull image. I think it would be better using two PTN Files to make the pattern. I don't post my PTN Files on the forum any more; they find there way on E-bay. If this will work for you - Send me a "PM" with your e-mail address; I can send you the pattern file.

Cabinetdesigner
07-09-2016, 08:39 PM
thanks for all the input Iam blown away sorry I was so late responding. I have been building countertops today.