PDA

View Full Version : Off center

tonydrew
06-05-2016, 09:05 AM
Created a design. Centered it on the board. It gets carved 1/2" off center. It is moved away from the edge that has the display (towards the center of the machine) if this makes a difference. It is both the image and the centerline text. I used this design a few times and the results were fine. Now it's off center. This has happened a few times before with other designs and then seemed to "self correct," which is annoying because I don't know why it corrected.
It is most likely something I've done, but no idea what that is. I just checked the design again to be sure I didn't move something around by mistake. It shows centered.

fwharris
06-05-2016, 10:31 AM
Things to check/verify, When it measures the width of the board insure that the truck travels/sees the edges of the board and does not stop short of getting to the edges. This most often will happen when you are using a jig/sled and you have a gap between the board edge and the sled rails.

tonydrew
06-05-2016, 12:20 PM
Thanks. I didn't use a sled. Maybe the truck is hanging up and I just didn't notice? It seems odd that it ran this design just fine several times and now not so much.

Digitalwoodshop
06-05-2016, 01:26 PM
Was the board the same width? Or Wider? Did it say Place on CORNER?

tonydrew
06-06-2016, 08:14 AM
Same width. There was no message about Place on corner. Could the color of the board have any impact?

Digitalwoodshop
06-06-2016, 11:24 AM
Remember the board detector works on reflective light off the board. So YES, the color of the board does make a difference. The Board detector looks at the reflective light then when it drops off that is the board edge. The sensor has 2 LED's and a Sensor in the middle. Overtime the sensor window gets dirty and that results in lower reflective light being seen.

A quick test of the board sensor is to place a sheet of white copy paper on the board and crank it down. Move the head over to the paper and select the Board Sensor Data. A 156 is perfect... a 90 would be a dirty window. A FSC Cable going bad would cause this too.

On a dark board you can put masking tape on the board edges in width so it finds the correct width.

AL