PDA

View Full Version : Machine Problems Again

Doc
03-19-2007, 05:21 PM
I bought this machine mid Jan and it has been nothing but problems since than. It has been back to the shop 4 times with the same or related problems every time. When I call Carve Wright they say that it will take a while to get back to me cause there are a lot of people in front of me. Duh its been the same problem every time why do I go the back of the line every time ? The staff have been more than helpful but no one seems to know what the problem is. Z axis stalls, carving thru the board and the machine, No parts to repair always on back order. Maybe its just a lemon so taking it back to Sears and see if they can give me another one which they said they would do. Think this was rushed into production way to early without proper beta testing. When it works it works great, When it doesnt it goes to hell in a hurry.

Sarge
03-19-2007, 05:55 PM
I Maybe its just a lemon so taking it back to Sears and see if they can give me another one which they said they would do. Think this was rushed into production way to early without proper beta testing. When it works it works great, When it doesnt it goes to hell in a hurry.

I think your first assessment of a lemon was closer to the facts. This machine has been through a "proper" beta test. I don't know how many were sent out, but several of the Moderators were testers.

I understand things break. I also understand things are broken when the user doesn't fully understand what they're doing.

Be realistic. GM, Ford, Chevy, Mercedes, BMW and all the other major auto manufacturers have 100's of thousands of recalls and Tech bulletins yearly. These are problems that every piece of equipment goes through. (Even after they've been around for decades).

xalite
03-19-2007, 06:24 PM
The problem sounds the same the machine has lost home everyone must check the left side where home is you need a lite to see if home has a small hole punched in it my machine had the problem you need to fix this hole cover it up I use a dime super glue in place. The only way to fix this problem
is to have full control of the software and to create a temp home on the part to be cut all operations return to temp home then we can use jigs for multiple
parts also this machine thinks in x or y when machining a part we use x and y at the same time we would cut the outside first then work on the inside with control of the offsets we can hold more precise measurements. I would like to write my own program to see what this baby can do but until we find a cad type package to use we are going to wipe out every part in this machine till they give us control.

RC Woodworks
03-19-2007, 07:15 PM
Doc, I agree with you, the machine had such an interest to the public that the demand was overwhelming to CW. So to keep up especially before Christmas the first mass production was rushed. My belief is the beta testers were given machines that they had more time to manufacture correctly.

My first CC was one of the first made machines and the second one came with an updated software so I think it was a second line production. But I had a simple problem with this one and over lapping frustration and time I exchange it. The third one was another first line production and I did have 3 days of wonderful results. But it began to have trouble so this Friday I pick up my 4th CC.

With my first CC I was advised by a CW tech to exchange it. I would suggest you do the same before your 90 days are up. You have tried getting it repaired 4 times. Sounds like you have more time in the shop then using it! Even the major car manufactures have a lemon law for their products