PDA

View Full Version : MAY 2016 Project of the Month - Schnoz Eyeglass Holders!

mtylerfl
05-06-2016, 01:15 PM
Hello,

Hers and His Eyeglass Holders in the “Schnoz” style. The “man” holder features a thick mustache and the “woman” holder features lush, full lips under their “schnozes”! Place your schnoz eyeglass holders on a bedside table or anywhere handy. You won’t have to hunt for your glasses ever again!

The project uses just the 1/16" Carving Bit and the 1/8" Cutting Bit. No other bits are required. The finished dimensions are about: 4.5" wide x 3.5" deep x 6.5" tall.

Main items you will need:

1) The Project Files (included):
• Glasses_Nose_Holder.mpc
• Base-and-Back.mpc

2) Boards with the following dimensions:

Glasses Nose Holder: 0.75" x 11" x 21"
Base and Back: 0.75" x 9" x 16"

NOTE: Do not use boards that are smaller than specified above unless using an appropriate jig. Larger boards are fine.

3) Two 0.25" x 3.75" wood dowels

4) Sandpaper, wood glue, epoxy, wood stain and/or paint and clear finish

5) A Dremel-type rotary tool with assorted sanding wheels and bits to sand small details and speed up preparation for finishing.

Apply your choice of finish. Here’s what I used on my Schnoz Eyeglass Holder samples made from Select Pine:

BASE:
• Applied Rust-Oleum Traditional Cherry stain
• Several coats of gloss Krylon Clear Acrylic spray

NOSES:
• Two coats of full-strength SealCoat
• Several coats of gloss Krylon Clear Acrylic spray

sunmiztres
05-07-2016, 12:02 AM
Very cute project. I am sure it will be a great talking piece :) Thanks Michael.

mtylerfl
05-07-2016, 07:24 AM
Thanks, Heather!

cestout
05-07-2016, 02:45 PM
I have one I bought at a wood carving show and always wanted to make one with the CarveWright, but never figured out how. Looks like fun.
Clint

rcdages
05-07-2016, 04:48 PM
Connie,
When might we get the POM via email?

lynnfrwd
05-09-2016, 09:24 AM
Chris will send it out today.