PDA

View Full Version : Help a newbie

oldjoe
03-18-2007, 07:49 PM
I am new at this forum stuff so I hope I am putting my question in the right spot. I will be getting my CC hopefully at the end of the week and I am really looking forward to using it. I have been alittle discouraged about people carving off a picture and how it doesn't work real well. But my main question is I use a cad program to do some help me with some of my work and I was wondering if I will be able to use it with the CC software?
If I have posted this in the wrong I would appreciate a little advice on where to pose questions in the future.

Jeff_Birt
03-18-2007, 08:00 PM
The Designer software cannot directly import CAD formats like DXF. However Designer is quite capable of drawing itself. The tools are not quite the same as CAD and that can be a challange at first. Many people are creating their drawings in Corel etc (or CAD) and saving them as a PNG or GIF and importing that into Designer as a pattern.

Dan-Woodman
03-18-2007, 08:03 PM
Oldjoe
The good news for you is, all tools are on sale thru sat at sears.

oldjoe
03-18-2007, 08:29 PM
Yes if fact to my surpise they took 5% off the CC at the store I bought it from. I was at another Sears near work and they said that they could not take discount the CC. As far as other tools the wife feels that I have enouth to last awhile.
Thanks for your imput and help. I am sure you will be hearing alot from me in the future.

Dan-Woodman
03-19-2007, 04:34 PM
and don't forget your Craftsman Club discount.

oldjoe
03-20-2007, 06:45 PM
Thats what I thouth but they told me I could only get that if it was in the flyer and it wasn't. But if it shows up within the next 30 days I will be able to get it.
Well better get going for now have to fill gas tank before the price goes up here in town.

Mike
03-21-2007, 06:51 AM
Yeah!! Good luck with that!! LOL