PDA

View Full Version : Quilt Rack plus more

Lin
04-23-2016, 01:56 PM
I was hired to do the carving for the "Prayer Hands" quilt rack and the "Vikings" work table. The same person hired me to do a bit of work on my scroll saw for a few other projects he was working on. I cut the "AFV" for the top of the very large "shadow box" from a piece of 3/4" cherry and designed and scrolled the walnut/cherry cross for the "Memory Box Urn" he built for a customer. I also cut a second cross without the year of death for "Franks" wife. When the time comes I will complete that cross and both of their ashes will rest in the Urn Memory Box"
Thanks for all the help from fellow Carvers on the "Vikings" lettering.
Lin

DocWheeler
04-23-2016, 05:02 PM
Very nice Lin - as you usually do things. I have not seen you posting in awhile, good to see you are still at it!

sunmiztres
04-23-2016, 06:28 PM
WOW, Very Nice work. You should be proud. Thank you for sharing.

dbemus
04-23-2016, 06:53 PM
Lin,

Your beautifully designed cross adds to the beauty of the urn! Outstanding work!

Lin
04-26-2016, 11:40 AM
Thank-you gentlemen for the kudos on the projects. I have kept my scrolling up over the last several years but the CW grew dust for awhile when I lost my factory JOB and went back to college for a few years. Started over in the Healthcare Field and finally have a bit of time to get back to now Re-Learning the CW. Glad to be back and hoping I continue to get orders for the Carvewright so can post more pics.
Lin

normrichards
04-26-2016, 11:52 AM
I really like the metal car display boxes but all the work is really nice.