PDA

View Full Version : Scanning only the outside of an Item

josephahoffmann
04-19-2016, 05:41 PM
I am new to scanning with the probe so please bare with me. I am looking to just scan the outside of an item. I have a puzzle piece picture frame that I just want to scan the outside part of it. I am looking to reproduce the pieces but I do not want to take the 8 hours to scan it. Can you please let me know if your are able to just scan the outside part and not the whole thing. I guess I am just trying to make a "cutout".
Thanks in advance for all of the help.
Joe

fwharris
04-19-2016, 08:52 PM
Joe,

You will have to scan the full frame. If there is not much for detail on the frame you might be able to reduce the scan time by going to a lower quality on the scan.

DickB
04-20-2016, 07:22 AM
I have a puzzle piece picture frame that I just want to scan the outside part of it. I am looking to reproduce the pieces but I do not want to take the 8 hours to scan it.
Joe
I'm not sure that I understand the picture frame part, but if you are trying to reproduce puzzle pieces as cutouts, I suggest scanning the pieces with an image scanner, import the image into Designer to make a pattern, place the pattern on a virtual board, and use the Outline Pattern tool.

bjbethke
04-20-2016, 09:30 AM
I am new to scanning with the probe so please bare with me. I am looking to just scan the outside of an item. I have a puzzle piece picture frame that I just want to scan the outside part of it. I am looking to reproduce the pieces but I do not want to take the 8 hours to scan it. Can you please let me know if your are able to just scan the outside part and not the whole thing. I guess I am just trying to make a "cutout".
Joe

I'm not sure what you mean by a Puzzle piece picture frame. Does it look some thing like this?

All you would need is a line drawing of a puzzle piece to make a carving pattern.

SteveNelson46
04-20-2016, 01:37 PM
Joe

You can take a picture of it, import the picture for tracing and use the drawing tools to trace the outline of any or all parts. You will need Designer 3 to do this.