PDA

View Full Version : Newbee

Critters26
04-08-2016, 03:42 PM
HI Folks, My name is Red Jensen I live in the Oil fields in SE Utah on the Colorado boarder. I just ordered my CW and I feel like a little boy waiting on Santa Clause. I do have Windows 10 and I hope that it will work with the software that I got ?.

Thanks for the Forum

rmock
04-08-2016, 03:50 PM
Welcome and congrats on your purchase!!!

cestout
04-08-2016, 05:16 PM
I have Win 10 and I have all three versions of Designer and all addons except DXF importer. All work great. Hope you realize this stuff is addictive.
Clint

lynnfrwd
04-08-2016, 05:21 PM
Just remember to use the RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR command when registering the software, so that licenses are put in the correct location. It will work fine.

SteveNelson46
04-08-2016, 05:47 PM
HI Folks, My name is Red Jensen I live in the Oil fields in SE Utah on the Colorado boarder. I just ordered my CW and I feel like a little boy waiting on Santa Clause. I do have Windows 10 and I hope that it will work with the software that I got ?.

Thanks for the Forum

Welcome to the forum and the Carvewright community. You will have a lot of fun and, as Clint said, you will find it VERY addictive. The Designer software runs pretty good on Windows 10 with only a few minor hick-ups.

ladjr
04-08-2016, 08:27 PM
Congraduation on your purchase of one of the best saw dust making machines in the world. Welcome to the Carvewright family. I have windows 10 and all the upgrades and add ons. I have not had a problem. Just when ever you get fristrated (and you will) just post to the forum. The people on the forum will find the answer and offer help. I have never not got my questions answered by the forum.

What city are you in, I live in Las Vegas.

fwharris
04-08-2016, 09:10 PM
Red,

Welocme to the forum and to CarveWright! We are here to help you along your journey. Make sure you get familiar with the support area on the main CarveWright web site. Lots of information to help you out!

Critters26
04-09-2016, 12:01 PM
Thanks all ...

oscarl48
04-10-2016, 09:37 PM
Red,

Just saw the thread. Welcome aboard. This little machine is tons of fun. As mentioned before, there is a learning curve but this group is awesome to get you past the hard moments.

Digitalwoodshop
04-11-2016, 12:30 PM
Welcome !!!! Oil Fields.... That peeked my interest... Need to research them as possible customers... I have sold over $15K in plastic tags to a New Mexico Refinery so far and working on more today... Cut the tags on my CW. https://www.facebook.com/AccountabilityTagcom-150019051727074/

As for your machine... read up on dust collection as that will make your carving experience much more pleasurable. Less dust related problems... Watch out for Machine Killing Vacuum Cleaners used to clean the dust between projects.... The moving dust in the hose produces high voltage static.

AL

DianMayfield
04-11-2016, 04:54 PM
Welcome to the forums! A great bunch of folks that are exceptional at hand holding.

I did have to pick myself off the floor after reading AL's post... not one mention of masking tape (on a board)... his stock at 3m must be doing just fine :)

I could repeat the mantra, but will bow to AL.

RogerB
04-11-2016, 07:59 PM
Nice to see you found the place. Great group of people here willing to help. Ps. Merry Christmas.

loretta_byerly
04-11-2016, 09:33 PM
Welcome Critters26 - I'm still a newbie around here too, but there are a great bunch of people on this forum with a wealth of information! Be sure to read the tips and tricks on the CW site (I know they are "older", but they really do have tons of great information!) and search youtube for videos on software techniques. Steve Nelson has some great ones, as well as AskBud's.
~Loretta