PDA

View Full Version : Driving Me Crazy

ronboley
04-05-2016, 01:15 PM
This is a simple thing, but it's driving me crazy. I just want to do a simple sign with a carve region, but seems no matter what I do the software won't recognize the drawn figure as a closed shape. I've gone thru the checking end points, toggle end points etc...and they all seem to connect... here's the mpc...hope someone can see what I'm Missing.

Thanks!!!!

fwharris
04-05-2016, 01:23 PM
You can not connect mirrored lines. Try copy and rotate to get them to connect.

ronboley
04-05-2016, 02:25 PM
[QUOTE=fwharris;256783]You can not connect mirrored lines. Try copy and rotate to get them to connect.[/QUOTE

Yep tried that too...and tried deleting all lines and curves, redrawing each individually setting each end point on a (snap to) grid intersection, zoom in to each end point to check they coencide and still no go with carve region...

Still driving me crazy.

ronboley
04-05-2016, 02:33 PM
OK so I gave up....instead of trying to use lines and curves, used rectangular carve region at depth 0.5" and then used four circular carve regions at the corners with zero depth. Crazy but it works... Thanks!

fwharris
04-05-2016, 03:40 PM
[QUOTE=fwharris;256783]You can not connect mirrored lines. Try copy and rotate to get them to connect.[/QUOTE

Yep tried that too...and tried deleting all lines and curves, redrawing each individually setting each end point on a (snap to) grid intersection, zoom in to each end point to check they coencide and still no go with carve region...

Still driving me crazy.

I used your latest design and was able to close all ends. A small amount of movement and the red dots closed.

SteveNelson46
04-05-2016, 07:47 PM
Ron,

Here is a link to a short video on how to draw a rectangle with internal radiused corners.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0jR3LNRxqJeQ2pWS1BiQzc1dXc/view?usp=sharing

tonydrew
04-10-2016, 11:10 AM
If it's any consolation, I've discovered that figuring these things out is a tough task for someone with ADD. It is frustrating to be learning instead of doing. Really wish I still had a wood-burning fireplace.

Mugsowner
04-10-2016, 05:38 PM
Here is a link to a short video on how to draw a rectangle with internal radiused corners.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0jR3LNRxqJeQ2pWS1BiQzc1dXc/view?usp=sharing Great little video Steve, presentation is very easy to follow.