PDA

View Full Version : Preventive Maintenance cuts downtime... Fewer "HELP" Posts...

Digitalwoodshop
04-02-2016, 07:07 PM
Notice how FEW "HELP My machine......" posts....

The "Maytag Repairman Club" including "AL Who" are looking for a new hobby....

Glad Trout Season opens here in 2 weeks....

This Machine Preventive Maintenance is taking a bite out of the "Help" posts....

(So I missed April 1st....)

:) AL who:oops:

Smoken D
04-03-2016, 08:22 AM
Yea, I was always looking for "HELP" and knowing Al Who would come to the rescue with great info on the fix. Always filed it away for my "HELPS" colum. Really miss them.

Bigtyme
04-03-2016, 08:44 AM
I agree that regular maintenance is a key, but would also add good dust collection to the list. I believe those who add good dust collection early have fewer problems as well. I have almost 400 hours on one CW and almost 300 hours on the other and have had ZERO issues with them. Maybe I am lucky, but regular maintenance, good dust collection, covered daily along with cards removed to me is the key. I also believe the machine quality is top notch, but with anything mechanical, keep it maintained and keep it clean and you should be set....

dbemus
04-03-2016, 03:02 PM
Well stated bigtyme! My experience with good dust collection and following maintenance schedule keeps my machines working with few interruptions.