Greetings from SW Louisiana,
Which model machine do you have? The choices are A, B, orC. = C
Which Chuck is your machine equipped with? = Allen
How long have you owned it? = 5-6 Years
How many hours are on the cut motor? = 65 hours
What was the last maintenance or repair performed, and how long ago? = Routine
Is your machine equipped with sandpaper or rubber drive belts? = Rubber
What kind of dust collection are you using? = Manual
Recently I developed a problem with the CW rushingthrough projects and poor quality. Both problemsdeveloped at the same time. A two hourproject is done in 45 minutes – with the end result being sized smaller thandesigned. Board size used was exactly asdesigned on Pro 3.0 + 7 inch rule. Anyideas???
Your input would be greatly appreciated.
J McNeal

fwharris
03-21-2016, 12:47 PM
It sounds like you allowed the machine to scale your project to a smaller board size that what was designed for plus maybe when you uploaded the project to the card you used normal or draft.

bergerud
03-21-2016, 01:38 PM
It sounds to me like you added the 7 extra inches to the Designer (virtual) board and then answered YES at the machine to stay under the rollers. The machine assumes that the pattern to be carved is the full size of the Designer board (with the 7 extra inches) and scales down the pattern to get 7 more extra inches.

Do not add the extra 7 inches in Designer. Add the extra 7 inches to the real board and then it does not matter whether you say yes or no to stay under the rollers.

jmcneal
03-23-2016, 07:04 PM
The sound you may have heard is my right palm slapping my forehead. I learned this lesson several years ago - but had a senior moment and forgot. I readjusted the settings in Designer 3 - Loaded the board and voila -- IT worked. Thanks to those who caught my error and responded.
J McNeal