PDA

View Full Version : Convert MPC to Jpeg

Creekwood
03-20-2016, 05:55 PM
A know this question has come up before. I need to send a pattern for approval via email.
Thank you

fwharris
03-20-2016, 06:06 PM
You need to do a screen capture of the design board. You can either just press the prt sc button and then open an editing program like paint and paste the image into it or with windows there is a tool "snipping" that will allow you to capture just an area of the screen you want.

Hint, in designer "view" turn of the construction lines for a cleaner view. Also take a shot of the design board tilted/rotated to give the customer a different view of the project.

bergerud
03-20-2016, 06:07 PM
Screen capture is all that comes to mind. We post them all the time on the forum.

cestout
03-20-2016, 06:07 PM
I use a screen capture program. I pose the object at an angle so the contours can be seen and capture it.
Clint

Creekwood
03-20-2016, 06:14 PM
Thank you for the quick response!

SteveNelson46
03-20-2016, 07:38 PM
A know this question has come up before. I need to send a pattern for approval via email.
Thank you

There is a program built into windows called "Snipping tool" . Press the "Windows " key on the keyboard and click on the search icon. Type in "Snipping tool"

Capt Bruce
03-20-2016, 10:08 PM
Good evening Creekwood,
I'm a big fan of the program SnagIt for screen captures because it allows me to zoom or expand just what I want (area) on the Designer screen and then save as a JPG or one of several other formats. This allows me to insert just what I need to show a client just what I'm proposing for them in an e-mail.

80371 80372

Since your client is seeing just what is "in Designer" there is hardly a more accurate vision of what the MPC will produce when carved. Just my opinion but I really like SnagIt for all the tricks it will do.

dltccf
03-21-2016, 08:29 AM
greenshot getgreenshot.org (http://getgreenshot.org/) is also an excellent screen capture tool with lots of features.

dave

SteveNelson46
03-21-2016, 10:58 AM
Good evening Creekwood,
I'm a big fan of the program SnagIt for screen captures because it allows me to zoom or expand just what I want (area) on the Designer screen and then save as a JPG or one of several other formats. This allows me to insert just what I need to show a client just what I'm proposing for them in an e-mail.

80371 80372

Since your client is seeing just what is "in Designer" there is hardly a more accurate vision of what the MPC will produce when carved. Just my opinion but I really like SnagIt for all the tricks it will do.

I like and use Snagit almost exclusively but it is not free. IMO, Snagit is one of the best screen capture programs available. It's made by Techmith and you can buy it directly from them in their online store. Here is the link.

http://shop.techsmith.com/store/techsm/en_US/home/pgm.94780100?utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=ond&utm_campaign=CD216626&ClickID=ckzfqzzpfl7z7lqevnkezwlizi7sszxxnksxsl