PDA

View Full Version : Firmware/Software or Machine issue

Ted
03-17-2007, 04:44 PM
This machine has about 3 weeks of mild use, with just practice cuts. Started my first project, 70"X9.25X.750 red oak, duration 2 hours of cut time now I keep getting board sensor error (my sensor check only checks cover closed) unless I'm missing something?
Secondly, swing arm bit check on the right quit coming out fully or is blocked, I followed troubleshooting segment, screw is tight, removed bearing cover and the arm did "Barely" make the check, made a test cross cut after removing rib on bearing cover and put it back on, this time with the 1/8 bit it touched on all but the last tip check, in which it went all the way down but it still proceeded and made the cut ok. I removed the the rib fully, any more and the clasp portion will probably break off
So what I'm asking is, has something already worn on this machine or is there issue's with the firmware (1.12) ? It worked fine prior to this work out.
Ted

Jeff_Birt
03-17-2007, 05:03 PM
You have to scroll thorugh the sensor check menu to get the the particular sensor you are interested in. You probably just need to clean the board edge sensor. As for the swing plate, make sure there is no burr on the part of the Y-truck that hits the swing plate. You can also apply a little (read as very little) bicycle chain wax/ski wax to the area of contact on both the swing arm and the Y-truck. This has worked for others.

liquidguitars
03-17-2007, 05:07 PM
Board sensor under the z truck can get dust inside of the little window. You can check the board sensor with the key pad and a loaded board, you should get over 100 when clean inside and out.

The swing arm bit check lever not to sure, could be we need ajustment screw or two added in the unit someware to move the arm more.

Padding the truck did not work for me so I bent the arm up about a 1/6 on my unit and that made it better. ;)

Lig