PDA

View Full Version : check cut motor

xchief807
03-13-2016, 01:57 PM
I was getting a check cut motor error message when starting a project. I could hear the motor would start up but then slow down and then error message. So I put new brushes in and tried again. I am still getting the same message when I hit proceed it runs the project but I don't think its running as fast as it should but i'm not sure. what could my problem be.

Kevin

xchief807
03-13-2016, 02:24 PM
Ok I ran the project again and this time it started then slowed a little then went to full speed and no error message this time. could the brushes need to wear in a little. all I am doing is 2 nametags it's just centerline text and the the rectangle is cut out.

bergerud
03-13-2016, 03:18 PM
The message may not have displayed the second time. It only displays once per boot up. Turn the machine off and on and see if it comes up again. My guess is that there is something amiss. Run the cut motor test and see how it sounds. The rpm should not go up and down during the test.

xchief807
03-13-2016, 04:03 PM
Ok I ran the test on the cut motor and the RPM is going up and down its not a big difference but enough to were I can hear the change in rpm

DianMayfield
03-13-2016, 04:28 PM
My new cut motor "surged" a little when I ran the cut motor test. I called LHR and Connie asked a tech if this was normal. They told her yes.

bergerud
03-13-2016, 04:59 PM
I do not think I have heard my motors surge during the cut motor test. Oh well, back at square one I guess!

xchief807
03-13-2016, 06:12 PM
yea it wasn't bad but it did surge a little but its not a new motor it has 275 hrs on it I got the check cut motor error message and I thought the brushes had to be bad after 275 hrs so I changed them. But im still having the same issue I get the check cut motor error message and when I start a project you can hear it the rpms are up then they get lower and then I get the message. Never had that problem until know, not sure what to do.

bergerud
03-13-2016, 06:26 PM
I think the spin up and then down a little is normal. The check cut motor message is because the controller does not measure the motor attaing a high enough rpm in a designated short time interval.

One thing you might check is the rpm sensor. 0 -7 up arrow. Turn the spindle and see if it counts.

xchief807
03-13-2016, 06:44 PM
I will check that tomorrow the only thing that is throwing me off is when I start the project you can here the motor rev up and as its moving to the center to start carving it starts to slow down and it slows enough to get the error message check cut motor and it never did that before it use to start up and the RPMs stayed the same never slowed down

bergerud
03-13-2016, 06:59 PM
Are you doing centerline or vector cutting or are you just carving?

xchief807
03-13-2016, 07:20 PM
All I am doing is making a name tag so just centerline and then when the name is done the machine is going to carve out the rectangle around the name no carving very simple project

xchief807
03-14-2016, 12:53 PM
ok I did the cut sensor check and when I turn the spindle the number goes up does it have something to do with the type of project I am running. all it is is a namtag with centerline and then a cutout of the rectangle no carving.

bergerud
03-14-2016, 01:57 PM
The check cut motor message occurs for many when they do centerline. If you rarely do centerline, maybe this is normal for your machine. Mine always gave me the message until I got a beefy extension cord.

xchief807
03-14-2016, 02:10 PM
I have done centerline a lot and never had this issue but this is the first time I have run just a centerline project with no carving it is just names done in centerline and then a complete cut out of the rectangle. I will have to run a carving and see if it happens.

Digitalwoodshop
03-14-2016, 07:49 PM
I have done centerline a lot and never had this issue but this is the first time I have run just a centerline project with no carving it is just names done in centerline and then a complete cut out of the rectangle. I will have to run a carving and see if it happens.

Are you making Fire Tags? Please post a picture if you are.

Curious AL Who...

Might have a project for you....

AL

xchief807
03-14-2016, 08:53 PM
Not fire tags just 2 name tags for a desk