PDA

View Full Version : Bed Frame from child to young adult

CarverJerry
03-09-2016, 08:10 PM
I thought I'd throw this out there and see what kind of feed back you guys (and gals) can give me. My buddy is a big time wood worker, but not a CW kind of guy. He has built a few beds for his grandkids. This one he would like to put some carvings on the bed posts. She is a toddler now but will have this bed for many years. What would you suggest carving on these posts that will be somewhere around 3" square and on all corners. Any files with your ideas would be of great help too. Thanks in advance.

CarverJerry

Mugsowner
03-10-2016, 05:49 AM
The toddler age is easy to deal with, but to keep it interesting for a young lady does present issues. Hard to say at this point where her interest will go. I would recommend butterflies, flowers, humming birds, dragonflies. Flowers and vines crawling up posts, with butterflies, dragonflies and humming birds hovering around them. Not knowing the family and what they are into which would also be signs of with she will show interest in as she ages. I feel it should be designed with the adult in mind, but with a design to appeal to the younger easier minded kid.

CarverJerry
03-10-2016, 08:49 AM
I agree and those are some good points. This is why I posted this, sometimes what I think isn't always what others like. This forum is awesome for the open minded. We have a great group of minds here. I have a large collection of files, the forum DVD and links to find files, it's just the thoughts of what I like VS others. Thanks for your input.

oscarl48
03-10-2016, 11:48 AM
What style of bed is he building? That may also play in selecting the theme for the bed.

RogerB
03-10-2016, 06:41 PM
Princess things would be a start. Will look to see what i have in patterns .

CarverJerry
03-12-2016, 02:14 PM
Roger, where are your patterns located? Thanks