PDA

View Full Version : Weather Alert for our area

lynnfrwd
03-08-2016, 01:51 PM
Nothing has happened, yet, but we are positioned to get some really bad weather. If our phones or websites go down, please bare with us.

Connie

The National Weather Service(NWS) has forecast severe weather beginning this afternoon (March 8th) and continuing through Wednesday morning.
The NWS is forecasting four to eight inch widespread rainfall totals with higher amounts possible. In addition to the flood threat; tornadoes, damaging winds, and hail are also a possibility.

dbemus
03-08-2016, 02:40 PM
Prayers are with you!!

oscarl48
03-10-2016, 11:47 AM
Connie,

You guys sent it all our way. 13.5 inches so far of rain. They are expecting an additional 8-12 inches when its all said and done. Everyone is eyeing the levies.

Oscar

lynnfrwd
03-10-2016, 12:00 PM
Connie,

You guys sent it all our way. 13.5 inches so far of rain. They are expecting an additional 8-12 inches when its all said and done. Everyone is eyeing the levies.

Oscar

Well, since we sent the rain that way, I will send prayers your way, too.

Our creeks and bayous are full, but we faired okay down on the south side.

oscarl48
03-10-2016, 01:04 PM
Thank you very much for the prayers. Since I posted the sun is out and it looks beautiful out there. Many of my friends are still looking at the levies and the red river but I hope the worst is over. The weather looks like it shifted further East to the Monroe area.

myshop1044
03-10-2016, 01:06 PM
Oscarl48, are you in the area of the flooding?

oscarl48
03-10-2016, 01:29 PM
I am good. They closed down the road but the house is up above the water line. I do have friends who are not as lucky. We had some evacuations in North Bossier, Keithville, and Haughton, LA. They are all cities around Shreveport. We have friends in Ruston and Monroe and they had some amazing videos where some of the streets looked like raging rapids.

Mugsowner
03-10-2016, 05:42 PM
Wish all well down that way dealing with the rains.