PDA

View Full Version : Chat room or Ventrilo

RC Woodworks
03-17-2007, 01:38 AM
Has anybody thought of making a real time chat room? Or setting up ventrilo or team speak?

It would be nice to have a separate section to freely talk to each other. PM are ok but can take time to get a response.

I would set it up but I don't have admin rights to the site. Well just a thought?

Jon Jantz
03-17-2007, 10:48 AM
Hey, RC...

I have a Chat room set up over at my site, but I think I eliminated the link to it a couple weeks back, because I could never catch anyone in it...

It's still installed, I'll put the link back up in a day or two if anyone wants to use it.. It'll be on the main page and say "CarveChat"

Click on the link in my sig.........

RC Woodworks
03-17-2007, 01:28 PM
Very cool I didn't even know you had it. Too bad there is not one in this forum, you should not have to host one. But thank you for going it! I hope others will want to use it.

Gman_Ind
03-19-2007, 10:00 AM
I am a member of another forum that uses the same Vbuliten software and they have a 'shout box' a real time public (all members only) chat widow so it is possible to do here. it is a good way to interact quickly on a SMALL scale as more than one conversation at a time gets too confusing. Another nice feature of this other forum (pachitalk.com) is it has a general thread specifically for off topic discussion.