PDA

View Full Version : Project help

rnichols
02-14-2016, 11:24 AM
Hello
I was wounding if someone could help me figure out why I keep getting a cut motor error with this simple text plaque. A little back ground on this problem. I have two machines an A model and a C model. I get the same error on both machines. Both machines have less than 50 hours on them. I had the material on a sled with 4 “of “extra” wood on each end. I also added 0.125 (sled thickness) thickness to the wood thinking that for some reason the actual thickness might be throwing things off (never has in the past). I use double sided tape to secure the wood to the sled and put tape over the “seams” on top. I also have tape on the keyboard side on the bottom of the sled. On the C machine I just replaced the rubber belts due to an error on my part. This machine also had the cut motor replaced a while ago, (When new) the project is made with ver. 3.1 I did manage to get the plaques completed by pressing the enter key but would like to know what I was doing wrong for future reference. Another weird thing, when I transfer the project to my laptop to put on flashcard it appears to change Font sizes. Could this be because of the monitor sizes? My desktop will not recognize the card thus the reason to transfer from one computer to the other.
Thank you for any help with this

bergerud
02-14-2016, 12:18 PM
I would say the cut motor error has not to do with you project but with the power to your machine. Maybe your machine is on an extension cord? (The cut motor speed check is performed when a project has vector cutting or centerline text.)

The change in font size could be due to your laptop not having the same Windows fonts as your other computer??

DianMayfield
02-14-2016, 12:50 PM
I know it is supposed to indicate a problem with the cut motor, but EVERY centerline and Cut Out project I do gets this message. I replaced my brushes once, and it made it through 2 projects without it, but then it was back. I installed the new CX motor in September, and the first project had centerline, and I got the message.

I have it on a load balancing UPS, as we have dirty power here. It is on it's own circuit while in operation (the shop vac may get used when the machine is off), there are no power issues that would cause it.

Just my two cents, it is an issue with the sensors. Too many others have spoke of the same problem.

cestout
02-14-2016, 02:39 PM
The sensor setup is not that complex but maybe voltage sensitive. Way back when, I installed a curse control on my '68 Dodge van. The sensor was 2 magnets glued to the drive shaft and a sensor hanging nearby to count the passes of the magnets. This is the same thing but teeny. I get that message but rarely. I would suspect your power source. BTW, both my machines are on one kind of heavy extension cord, but no other power tools are on that circuit when they are running. Both can run together with no problems ( at least not power related problems ).
Clint

SteveNelson46
02-14-2016, 07:28 PM
Hello
I was wounding if someone could help me figure out why I keep getting a cut motor error with this simple text plaque. A little back ground on this problem. I have two machines an A model and a C model. I get the same error on both machines. Both machines have less than 50 hours on them. I had the material on a sled with 4 “of “extra” wood on each end. I also added 0.125 (sled thickness) thickness to the wood thinking that for some reason the actual thickness might be throwing things off (never has in the past). I use double sided tape to secure the wood to the sled and put tape over the “seams” on top. I also have tape on the keyboard side on the bottom of the sled. On the C machine I just replaced the rubber belts due to an error on my part. This machine also had the cut motor replaced a while ago, (When new) the project is made with ver. 3.1 I did manage to get the plaques completed by pressing the enter key but would like to know what I was doing wrong for future reference. Another weird thing, when I transfer the project to my laptop to put on flashcard it appears to change Font sizes. Could this be because of the monitor sizes? My desktop will not recognize the card thus the reason to transfer from one computer to the other.
Thank you for any help with this

If you are referring to the infamous "Check Cut-Motor" message when carving a vector, it is a "feature". (If anyone refers to it as a flaw LHR is quick to respond with fury). It happens to all of us and you are not the first to complain. Fortunately, it only happens once after the machine is turned on. Albeit a PITA, just press the green enter key to continue and everything will be fine.

rnichols
02-15-2016, 11:21 AM
Thank you all for the help! Steve as soon as you replied the memory triggered and "Oh yea I remember that" Just could not really find it when I searched.
Thanks again

cestout
02-16-2016, 06:43 PM
So how is it a feature?
Clint

rnichols
02-16-2016, 06:46 PM
Clint
If I correct "feature" is just another way of saying a bug in the program.

SteveNelson46
02-17-2016, 08:46 AM
So how is it a feature?
Clint

I refer to it as a "Feature" because it has been there since before version 1.185 and continues through all successive versions so it must be intentional.