PDA

View Full Version : What is the Best Software to edit Patterns

rickbull
02-07-2016, 08:30 PM
I have created a few patterns using the Scanning Probe. I need to get some software to further edit the patterns and create more detail.
I would like to get some recommendations for editing software.
Including the Carvewright products, what do you think would give me the best results and is user friendly/easy to use?

mtylerfl
02-08-2016, 01:45 PM
I have created a few patterns using the Scanning Probe. I need to get some software to further edit the patterns and create more detail.
I would like to get some recommendations for editing software.
Including the Carvewright products, what do you think would give me the best results and is user friendly/easy to use?

Take a look at the CarveWright Sculptor software. http://www.carvewright.com/add-on-modules/pattern-sculptor/

Between the Sculptor software and the Pattern Editor that came included with your probe, you should be able to edit individual patterns in any way you want.

I suggest you invest in a small pen pad, as well (I use Intuos brand). The pad and pen allows fine control when sculpting that a mouse cannot achieve. Makes pattern model sculpting go waaay faster!

cestout
02-08-2016, 04:35 PM
I have created some good pattern from pictures using a combination of Pattern Editor, Sculptor and the 2D and 3D suites.
Clint