PDA

View Full Version : Machine died HELP

KFisher
03-16-2007, 11:25 PM
I just picked up my machine tonight and on the second project it died at the end of the project. nothing will come up no screen nothing. I pulled the card and put it back in the my computer and it has a error of Y axis stall.

any Ideas or another piece of junk.

Kurt

rgant05
03-16-2007, 11:47 PM
Don't know if I can help or not, but I am sure that before long there will be some that can.
A few questions:
Is there no display or anything on the keypad when you turn it on?
Is the y-axis trouble what was reported and logged onto the memory card when it quit?
Was it the same project cut a second time or a different one?
Was there anything unusual being done on the second project?

You might also try doing a search for y-axis problems on past post. Personally I am a board edge sensor man myself, and not that familiar with the y-axis problems.... yet.

Roger

P.S. I wouldn't give up thought, its a great machine and although they have gone through a lot of beginning production problems in my opinion, I still have confidence that it is well worth the patience it takes to get the bugs worked out.

KFisher
03-16-2007, 11:51 PM
I was cutting the same project a second time it was just about done and just stopped right at the end of the project. no lcd, nothing. The y axis seems to move harder that usual by hand. not real happy with the machine right now.

Sarge
03-16-2007, 11:56 PM
First thing I'd suggest is to turn the machine off and go inside with your card.

Second load your card into the Flash reader and click on Flash manager. Go ahead and Format the card again.

Third, were you using a shop vac to clean up the dust from the first two projects? If so, you might have caused it to crash with static electricity. (Mine came to a stop several passes after re-starting from a vac session). Static electricity

Fourth, go back outside, plug the card in and turn on the machine (with fingers crossed).

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!

KFisher
03-17-2007, 12:03 AM
Tried all that nothing. I wasnt using a vac. not enough chips yet. I have another cnc router so I am aware of the static ele. I had it hooked up to a plug that is well gounded from my other machine.

rgant05
03-17-2007, 12:05 AM
I understand your frustration. My bit holder was defective and the bit came out with the first touch of the board and busted the carving bit. Had to go back to the factory after about 5 min on time and 2 seconds of carving time. Even now I have a board edge sensor that died last Friday after about 4 hours of carving time... replacement on the way.

If there is something physical like it sounds. Look for wires that might be caught by something, possibly sawdust or more importantly chips of wood that might have lodged somewhere around the bearings. May have to go back to the factory, but hopfully they can walk you through something that will find the issue. I haven't heard of an over current protection that will trip when there is a bind, but there may be one.

Hopefully you can maintain composure as you get through the problem. I know first hand that it isn't easy when you bring an expensive toy home an have problems immediately, but like I say, the support is great and the machine is worth the effort..... not a lot of consolation when you planned on carving all weekend and have a flat on Friday night :(

Roger

KFisher
03-17-2007, 08:49 AM
Anybody have any Ideas on what to try. Before I take the machine back.
machine will not start up.

meat
03-17-2007, 11:18 AM
Anybody have any Ideas on what to try. Before I take the machine back.
machine will not start up.

Check your fuses, check the plug.

Your pal,
Meat.

Sarge
03-17-2007, 12:35 PM
Check your fuses, check the plug.

Your pal,
Meat.

I'm perplexed, but agree with Meat. Plug a radio or another item in the same outlet you had the machine in. If it doesn't work, you've tripped a circuit breaker. If the radio works, it's something with the machine. I've dug through the manual, and haven't found reference to a fuse. Most likely, some of the "old timers" have more of an idea (Pkunk or John??)

Greybeard
03-17-2007, 01:11 PM
I'm perplexed, but agree with Meat. Plug a radio or another item in the same outlet you had the machine in. If it doesn't work, you've tripped a circuit breaker. If the radio works, it's something with the machine. I've dug through the manual, and haven't found reference to a fuse. Most likely, some of the "old timers" have more of an idea (Pkunk or John??)

Hey Sarge, you're rubbing salt in the wound.
I don't mind the old timer tag - it fits - but I can't have a machine till CW start shipping to Europe, so I've no idea if it has a fuse ;).

KFisher
03-17-2007, 02:05 PM
That was the first thing that I checked last night. I called sears and to make a long story short they sending me out another one.

Gman_Ind
03-18-2007, 07:56 PM
I just returned my first machine to Sears. no reviving the poor thing. I hope you (and I) have better luck with the next one.