PDA

View Full Version : Texan jackalope skull sign

oscarl48
02-04-2016, 07:06 PM
My first attempt at staining and painting a sign. This was just a test carve of a new pattern but it turned out good enough that I wanted to display it somewhere. So made the effort to spruce it up a bit. I am not real good at it. I typically use hardwoods so almost never stain or paint. Poly or oil only so painting/staining is a skill set I have not developed yet.

P.S. Hilarious. I just realized I misspelled jackalope on the sign. Good thing this was just a sample test piece.

aokweld101
02-05-2016, 09:52 AM
I have done the same thing on some of my text, but figured it out before I put it on the board... things that make you go....hummmm.. lol

dbemus
02-05-2016, 02:32 PM
I have a wall in my workshop for carved mistakes similar to that!! It's getting full!

oscarl48
02-05-2016, 03:18 PM
Thanks guys for trying to make me feel not as big of a dumb ***.

The pattern was actually pretty good. You just can't tell because of my crappy stain/paint job and misspellings. :(

Sliverfoot
02-05-2016, 03:47 PM
I misspelled my sister-in laws name on a Christmas present. Thank goodness my wife caught it.

oscarl48
02-05-2016, 05:17 PM
too funny. That would have been bad. Not one but two ladies upset at you if it would have made it out the door. Your wife and her sister.