PDA

View Full Version : New Mexico Mounted Patrol Badge and Patch

jhollo223@msn.com
01-30-2016, 10:05 PM
Hi everyone, I come hat in hand asking for some expertiseand help with two patterns I have been working on. I am new to the CarveWright and find it oneof the most frustrating and addicting things I have ever put time into. But I will get to the point. I am currently the Deputy Chief of the NewMexico Mounted Patrol. We are anon-funded New Mexico law enforcement agency, and we will be celebrating our 75thyear of serving the citizens of New Mexico. We do this as volunteers and paying for 100% of our equipment ourselves. I would like to show my appreciation to allthe Troopers in this organization by presenting them with a plaque celebratingour 75 years of service. I would like toinclude a carving of our badge and patch on the plaque, but I am having a hardtime getting the carvings to come out with the quality I want. I have tried to edit the patterns but I amstill having some trouble. I cant seem to attach the patterns, but I can attach the JPEGs that I have used to make the pattern. Thanks in advance

oscarl48
02-26-2016, 08:24 AM
Its a little late, but it was also a bit of work. Done from scratch.

Not sure how it will carve. Please play with the settings.

Alan Malmstrom
02-26-2016, 09:49 AM
I've done a lot of badges and stuff like that.

Here's my Pattern Depot page for examples: http://store.carvewright.com/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=50

I can give a quote if you give me your email through Private Message.

Alan

oscarl48
02-26-2016, 07:02 PM
Alan, just quick comment on how good your patterns look. It takes me forever to make a good one (this was a quick practice one so not great). I am finishing up a badge for my brother but it took me days to get it right.

-Oscar

jhollo223@msn.com
03-04-2016, 02:38 PM
Oscar, the badge you did for me looks much better than what I can come up with. I am still new and learning but I am still having trouble getting them just right. I do appreciate your help.
Alan I PM you my e-mail please let me know the cost.

Jason