PDA

View Full Version : Text Spacing in the newer Designer

DocWheeler
01-30-2016, 01:39 PM
I did a search without getting an answer.

I use to be able to space the text in Designer and now I can't; changing the values in the "text" screen does nothing. Is this an "undocumented feature" or a problem with just my copy of the program?

Another question I have meaning to ask - does anyone have an easy way of removing the backing from double-sided turners tape?

bergerud
01-30-2016, 01:51 PM
First, you have to highlight the text you want to space in the text dialog box. Then, the result is only observable on the board. Move the text dialog out of the way so you can see the text on the board as you change the spacing parameters.

DocWheeler
01-30-2016, 02:04 PM
OK, here is what I get.

Starting at zero 79762

Then at 20 79763

Then at 50 79764

What am I missing?

dbemus
01-30-2016, 03:16 PM
Before making the change hold down the left mouse button and brush acrost the text in the text box so it is highlighted, then make the spacing change. click "OK"

DocWheeler
01-30-2016, 06:07 PM
OK, got it. I didn't recall having to highlight the text in the text box.
I guess there is a use for that added step if you want varied spacing in the same line.
Thank you both!

Still looking for an easy method to get that film off of the "turner's tape".
It takes me way too long to get that stuff off.

mikemi
01-30-2016, 07:45 PM
I am having a problem in the text box too. I thought that when I read the tutorial right after 3.x came out that you should be able to highlight one or more words if you wanted, and increase just the size of the selected area. When I try this, all of the text on the board increases in size. Am I missing something?

Mike

bergerud
01-30-2016, 08:28 PM
I am having a problem in the text box too. I thought that when I read the tutorial right after 3.x came out that you should be able to highlight one or more words if you wanted, and increase just the size of the selected area. When I try this, all of the text on the board increases in size. Am I missing something?

Mike

No, you are not missing anything. The programmers missed implementing the feature as was advertised. A mistake which was not noticed in time. Hopefully it will be fixed in the next release.

Scooby
01-30-2016, 10:48 PM
"Still looking for an easy method to get that film off of the "turner's tape".
It takes me way too long to get that stuff off."

Use another piece of tape to pull on the tape of your work piece, it will stick to it and pull it up.

mikemi
01-31-2016, 07:29 PM
No, you are not missing anything. The programmers missed implementing the feature as was advertised. A mistake which was not noticed in time. Hopefully it will be fixed in the next release.

Thanks Dan, I have figured out a work around but it is a pain in the rear. I agree, hopefully this bug will be fixed in the next release.

Mike