PDA

View Full Version : Trouble shooting in a way?

myshop1044
01-23-2016, 08:43 AM
I had a customer friend of mind called last night, he was looking to buy some bearings and could not find them.
So I when looking to help him, I looked on the web site under Products, service & parts. the first picture on the left
showed the bearings, there 66 items in the listing, but no bearings in the list.
Any help would be great, if you can't find them you can't sell them.
Perry B.

bergerud
01-23-2016, 09:01 AM
If you go to the exploded parts lists you can find the bearings (numbers are are 39 and 129) but the parts are "unavailable". They must be out of stock.

myshop1044
01-23-2016, 09:31 AM
I can understand being out of stock , but they should still should the fixed and cam bearings on the order options.

bergerud
01-23-2016, 09:47 AM
This is how they deal with items which are out of stock. They just remove them from the listings. It is confusing.

DianMayfield
01-23-2016, 10:07 AM
Do you suppose that LHR would let a blog that detailed where to get aftermarket parts and associated part numbers survive? I get my Y-Z motor bearings from a local bearing supply house at less than 3 bucks a pop. Got the numbers from a post on here, but that information is hard to search for.

Digitalwoodshop
01-23-2016, 01:14 PM
I have never ordered the Bearing from here.... but they are expensive..... You would need to heat the old bearing and press out the center screw insert.

I have replaced the Cam Bearings in the past and have saved the old bearings... Lets be honest... It is un likely that the bearings will ever actually wear out... But they will get dirty and sticky... with dust and lubrication... It is my opinion that the bearings can be FLUSHED and Cleaned then re lubricated making them GOOD AGAIN...

I ripped the dust cover off when I was new to the machine in 2007 and tried to tighten the loose bearing using a scribe to hold the nut.... A classic FAIL.... but I was LEARNING... Learning that you needed to remove the Truck to tighten the bearing....

To clean the bearing I would be tempted to drill a 1/16th inch hole in the fiber dust cover to inject WD-40 to flush it out without actually removing the cover.. then try to seal the hole with tape and glue.

Some pictures and the old way of thinking... 2007.

AL

http://www.vxb.com/LFR50-8NPP-8mm-ID-x-6mm-U-Groove-Track-Roller-p/kit8369.htm

Only 990 in stock...

lynnfrwd
01-25-2016, 11:30 AM
Container has cleared customs in California and is on the way to Houston. It is a week later than they told us it would be.

myshop1044
01-25-2016, 12:06 PM
Thanks Connie for keeping us informed