PDA

View Full Version : Turnaround Time

oju392
03-16-2007, 08:23 AM
Anyone have any idea what the average turnaround time is for a machine when it is sent to Carvewrigt for repair? (Just curious)

Bill
03-16-2007, 09:14 AM
Mine was about 3 weeks.

HerbO
03-16-2007, 09:19 AM
Mine also was 3 weeks. Two weeks travel one week in the shop.

Herb

Rick Devine
03-16-2007, 10:00 AM
After "lurking" for the past two months, this thread offered me the opportunity to jump in. CW received my machine on the 15th of February. When I called on Monday, I was told that they are still working on it. I am glad that so far your replies have indicated a shorter turnaround time, but either my machine was sooooo messed up that it is taking this long, or like when I called they are so backed up that the time to repair is now taking much longer. My machine went "down" on the 17th of January. I replaced the Z-axis assembly and then got the dreaded homing error. After replacing the small circuit boards on the back, the "Bard" advised that I send it back. CW has now had it longer than my 90 day window to return it to Sears. The wait is "killing" me when I see all of the great stuff people are doing with this machine. Sigh...........

Awesome
03-20-2007, 08:24 PM
Five weeks. And it was returned with a missing part (z-axis end-of-travel sensor), and with one of the bolts completely loose. The knob for the side crank handle (work piece height) is also missing.

Nobody answers the phone (answering machine takes a message). Emails are ignored.

Jeff_Birt
03-21-2007, 03:58 PM
The homing sensor is no longer used/needed so there wsa no point in CW remounting one. The missing crank handle and loose bolt is actually quite bad, both could be simple oversights but both make a poor representation of a company to consumers.

As for the communication issue, a little while ago someone from CW said that their phone numbers had been switched around during the move. One of the numbers they had been giving out in the interim is an extra line (or something) and that messages left on it do not get recieved. It might be wise to check the number you are using against the contact number on their homepage and keep calling until you get a live body.

Ropdoc
03-23-2007, 08:22 AM
I sent in the card on the back of the head on Monday. Does that mean I am screwed? I bought this to try and get away from stress. Boy was that a bad idea. I really want the machine. I see what you guys are doing and I am jealous. I can't wait to start making chips.

Dave

Awesome
03-24-2007, 11:53 AM
Five weeks. And it was returned with a missing part (z-axis end-of-travel sensor), and with one of the bolts completely loose. The knob for the side crank handle (work piece height) is also missing.

Nobody answers the phone (answering machine takes a message). Emails are ignored.

Update:

The missing part (travel sensor) no longer required. Problem there was that there was no note with the machine telling us that we just needed to update the firmware. Once firmware was updated, machine worked very nicely.

Knob is being sent to us.

We started getting phone messages after about 36 hours. Funny thing is, we had already found out about the firmware update being required, and the phone messages kept coming in until we called back to confirm that we had gotten the message.

So, I would now rate the service from CarveWright as being very good! Even though it did seem to take forever (five weeks) to get the machine back, we are very pleased with it, and with the company. Would prefer that they take their time fixing it, than having it go back to the shop again.

Jeff_Birt
03-24-2007, 12:51 PM
I'm glad you are up and running. I think the biggest problem we have now with CW as a company is communication. But from all accounts I hear, they are working on it and are commited to improve.

Mike
03-24-2007, 01:26 PM
3 weeks total.

SpiffyDog
03-24-2007, 09:04 PM
Mine took almost 5 weeks. It all depends on the problem, if they have the parts, when the next shipment of parts will be in, where your machine is in line, if it's the Chinese New Year...