PDA

View Full Version : looking for abreviationshad it before but lost it

henry1
01-08-2016, 07:09 PM
I lost the abbreviation like e an arrow on top of the e or a different letter you want change as an a fancy hope some one will understand this

DianMayfield
01-08-2016, 07:51 PM
I use character map, in Win7 it is in accessories/system tools.

to get this I hold down alt and typed in 0234. it doesn't show up until you let go of the alt key.

Each number might be different for each font, that's why I use the map.

Hope this helps

henry1
01-08-2016, 08:52 PM
I use character map, in Win7 it is in accessories/system tools.

to get this I hold down alt and typed in 0234. it doesn't show up until you let go of the alt key.

Each number might be different for each font, that's why I use the map.

Hope this helps

forgot to say I have wondows 10

DocWheeler
01-08-2016, 09:46 PM
Here is a link (http://www.danshort.com/ASCIImap/) to an ascii character chart.

SteveNelson46
01-08-2016, 11:03 PM
I lost the abbreviation like e an arrow on top of the e or a different letter you want change as an a fancy hope some one will understand this

To insert an ASCII character, press and hold down ALT while typing the character code. For example, to insert the degree (º) symbol, press and hold down ALT while typing 0176 on the numeric keypad. Note You must use the numeric keypad to type the numbers and not the keyboard

The Ascii character map can be found in "All Apps", "Windows Accessories". The keystroke is in the lower right corner of the character set window or you can use the copy box and then paste it into your document.

henry1
01-09-2016, 06:08 AM
To insert an ASCII character, press and hold down ALT while typing the character code. For example, to insert the degree (º) symbol, press and hold down ALT while typing 0176 on the numeric keypad. Note You must use the numeric keypad to type the numbers and not the keyboard

The Ascii character map can be found in "All Apps", "Windows Accessories". The keystroke is in the lower right corner of the character set window or you can use the copy box and then paste it into your document.

Thank you all for the help I got it done thx Steve and doc and Dian well appreciated