PDA

View Full Version : Could use some help

dehrlich
01-07-2016, 04:36 PM
I am working on a design for a memorial plaque. One of my friends from high school, his son was killed in a car accident before Christmas. I volunteered to make this plaque to be put up in the school. I thought I had a good design, had a nice 2 line bible verse and all. Then I find out today that the family would like all this text on there, guess it's important to them. I think it makes it look cluttered but whatever.

What I need help with is, I am going cross eyed trying to get everything lined up and the same size. Also for some reason the line with "Love never fails. But where there" doesn't want to conform and look like the rest. I tried setting it to the same height (.600) but it wants to do it's own thing. Any help is greatly appreciated. Note, please save it as version 1.187. Also attaching a capture of my previous design, just because. Thanks!

bergerud
01-07-2016, 05:28 PM
I put all the text together into one text box. This forces the text to be a little smaller because of the spacing between lines but it makes it all the same .

dehrlich
01-07-2016, 05:45 PM
Thanks, don't know why I didn't just do that. Still think it looks better the way I had it. Funny how a person can come up with an idea for something and volunteer to do it, then people start telling him how to do it. Oh well. Thanks again

lynnfrwd
01-07-2016, 05:49 PM
I also put all of the text that I wanted to be same size in same text box.

I tried to make it more readable and to add "white space". It is too much text for that small of a board.
Make sure you put black in letters to make them stand out.

bergerud
01-07-2016, 05:57 PM
That does look better. (It is not in 1.187 though.)

myshop1044
01-07-2016, 07:03 PM
Connie, define " white space and put black letters back in" I have never seen text in that format .
Perry

boilermaker
01-08-2016, 08:59 AM
How about this one. 79486

lynnfrwd
01-08-2016, 11:27 AM
OK...sorry about wrong version, saw 2 at end and thought that indicated version. I did it in PRO 3 the first time. Here's my third try (quiet here today).

White space is unused area. It makes it easier to read and more pleasing to the eye. Remember, you don't have to fill every bit of space with text or pattern.

I meant to put black in the Centerline text areas, so that the letters stand out more and can be easily read.

One cool trick with Centerline is to spray paint the letters black and then sand or plane off the top of the board leaving the black in the letters.

I also added his birth and death date. So sad. :(

Also, I just used the Right Justify in the Text tool instead of Left or Center.

dehrlich
01-09-2016, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the help everyone, especially Connie... my fear is the text is too small to carve cleanly but I got some small 60 degree bits that hopefully will work. I'm doing this in Cherry wood, not positive about the black lettering... may go another color. I have good luck using stain for lettering as well. If you put on just enough to get in there, then wipe it off right away it's not hard to sand or plane off. Will post the final product. Thanks again!