PDA

View Full Version : Can't access "Manage Attachments"

Geomoo1
01-04-2016, 04:12 PM
I don't know if upgrading to Win10 is the cause or not, but when I try to post a new thread and attach an image the "Manage Attachments" button does not work. I am using Firefox.

Edit---

Ok. It must be Windows 10. I just posted a thread using my laptop with Win 7 and Firefox and the attachment button worked as advertised. It seems that 10 doesn't play well with others..

mtylerfl
01-04-2016, 05:06 PM
Just tried the attachment feature, using Chrome. Seems to be working alright with Chrome.

mtylerfl
01-04-2016, 05:15 PM
Are you allowing Javascript in your Firefox browser? I think the Manage Attachment button uses javascript to work.

EDIT: I just downloaded and installed the latest Firefox browser. I don't see where you can toggle javascript on or off in this version (older versions you could via a preferences menu). I assume it is on by default.

dltccf
01-04-2016, 05:29 PM
I'm using firefox on win10 an it is working fine. I just checked. Do you have a pop up blocker installed?

Geomoo1
01-04-2016, 05:31 PM
Are you allowing Javascript in your Firefox browser? I think the Manage Attachment button uses javascript to work. Yes. It appears that the problem could be with this forums software. I went to another forum and posted attachments with no problem using this desktop computer and I posted here using my laptop and Win 7 with Firefox and it worked as well. Go figure?

Geomoo1
01-04-2016, 05:38 PM
I'm using firefox on win10 an it is working fine. I just checked. Do you have a pop up blocker installed? I do have ABP (Add Blocker Plus). I disabled it for this site and it didn't make a difference. Still no attachment management access.

mtylerfl
01-04-2016, 05:49 PM
Testing this with the latest Firefox version 43.0.03 from my father-in-law's Windows 10 computer...

Works just fine!

Geomoo1
01-04-2016, 10:58 PM
Testing this with the latest Firefox version 43.0.03 from my father-in-law's Windows 10 computer... Works just fine! Well, I guess it's something set wrong on my system then. Just have to use my laptop to post attachments 'till I can figure out what the problem is.

henry1
01-05-2016, 04:23 AM
Well, I guess it's something set wrong on my system then. Just have to use my laptop to post attachments 'till I can figure out what the problem is.

Nothing wrong on your end LHR have to update at their end and this won't happen for 1 year yet with windows 10 it cost me 2000 dollars to find out just wont work with windows 10 believe me I tried I got window 10 pro desktop and a laptop with windows 7 now its working with 7 again this wasn't a laughing matter