PDA

View Full Version : New Machine - Head won't crank up or down

loretta_byerly
12-27-2015, 12:42 PM
Hi all, I've been reading the forums for awhile, and finally got all the stuff to set up my brand new CarveWright. Had it set up in my little shop warming up. Went out yesterday to go through the set up steps. Got the handle attached, and went to turn the head up and down, the crank sounds like it is skipping and head wouldn't go up and down. More research... manual and forums say to adjust the head pressure, so I've gone through the steps, taking off the bottom panel, loosening the screws on bottom and top.... got the head raised and lowered with a little extra hand assistance. Tightened stuff back up... and have repeated this so many times. Somethings just not right with the cranking mechanism. Any words of wisdom? Thank you in advance!

fwharris
12-27-2015, 01:32 PM
Is the head in the full up position? If so you can release it by placing a small allen wrench in the hole on the lead screw on the opposite side from the keyboard side of the machine. The hole is located towards the bottom of the screw.

From the sounds of it you went through the 4 corner post alignment procedure.

loretta_byerly
01-02-2016, 11:11 PM
Thanks for the reply! I didn't see that my question originally posted, so I didn't see the response. I did finally get it moving up and down, and got the pressure to register in the 75 - 85 lb range. I still think the computer panel side seems loose, and I have to gently help raise the head up when cranking up. But I did get my first cut done... just to make sure it worked - low quality, but it worked :) I just got my dust hood put on today, so hopefully tomorrow I'm going to try a better quality carve. These forums have taught me so very much, and I really do appreciate it!! So, is there a way to tighten up that keypad side at all?