PDA

View Full Version : Problem with a CW Pattern

Kathysaunier
12-23-2015, 09:51 PM
I purchased pattern "Jesus Last Supper" AB-003. I carved it twice and both times when it got to 98% complete, my machine went haywire! It carved through the edge of the board and did not complete the carve, It gave me a message of "Y Axis stall." I don't understand why this would happen twice in the exact same place. Could there be a glitch in the pattern? Has anyone else had this problem? It's a beautiful pattern and would love to continue carving it, but I don't know what's the problem. Please help, someone!

bergerud
12-23-2015, 11:05 PM
I would think that it is not really the pattern. I would bet that the place where it does the Y slip is where the pattern goes deeper. There are many reasons for a Y slip. The simplest is just a dull bit. There can be problems with the Y rollers, the Y belt, or the Y motor gears.

myshop1044
12-24-2015, 08:19 AM
Kathy, Perry here, I too suspect a dull bit. I have had the same problem at the end of a litho where it started to go down deeper to finish
up the feather. I was able to save the carving by hand clearing the feather myself.
the second time, I walked in the shop and saw the error message "Y stall error". the bit had ran all the way to edge of the sled.
As I moved the truck back and fourth I notice some missing teeth on the "Y" belt. I replaced the belt and with shadow region over the completed area I was able to save the project.
Also with some Famo wood putty and creative sanding I was able to save the whole project.
check out the attached pictures.
Also give me a call and bring over the project and maybe we can save it too.
I have an extra belt if you are in a bind.

Kathysaunier
12-27-2015, 04:22 PM
Perry, thanks for the response. I was able to salvage both projects, the first one with wood putty cause it cut through the side, and the second, just a little sanding corrected the problem cause I caught it just in time. Hope ya'll had a very Merry Christmas!