PDA

View Full Version : Trajectory Assertion Error: E24-0505

2A Finishing
12-22-2015, 11:31 PM
Ok, I was attempting to carve a project (.063 depth, 11"x8" carve area, .75" thick board) - I got a random "board may have been removed" error, but since the board had obviously not moved or shifted from where it was supposed to be, I hit "enter" to continue. The cutting chuck finished the pass it was on, and on the way back, the machine flipped out, moved the board laterally (x axis? - table rollers moved) and I got the error in the post title - Trajectory Assertion Error E24-0505

I've been suffering very minor tracking issues intermittently, and once in awhile (read, not every project) I get a "check tracking roller" or "front roller stuck" error but a quick application of 40psi air to clear any sawdust the dust collector misses and I'm usually back on track. This new error is one that results in not only an error that forces me to stop, but a cut that has destroyed a project.

Can anyone help with this? Search revealed nothing at all other than "call a nasa engineer" :roll:

fwharris
12-23-2015, 12:12 AM
Houston we have a problem!! ;)

That is a new error code for me. Ruling out all board issues/problems for the tracking error I would look at/for bad or missing O ring on the brass roller, missing/slipped damper spring under the tracking sensor bracket, outfeed trays raised to high, rolled up sandpaper drive belts, rubber drive belts making contact with the brass roller, stripped X drive gears.

For constant compression roller errors/warning it could be time to remove/lower the roller to clean the dust out or check for switch adjustment and wire connections. I would also check for incorrect head pressure.

bergerud
12-23-2015, 12:17 AM
Maybe head not level? (That error code is not in the list.)

2A Finishing
12-23-2015, 12:48 AM
Well, I will get on the checks and maintenance and hopefully I can figure it out between the information available here and a phone call to CW as soon as possible (probably not before next week between work schedule and the holiday).

2A Finishing
01-25-2016, 08:19 PM
Email sent to LHR, looking forward to a response and instructions for shipping the machine in for diagnosis and repair. 97 hours on the usage odometer.

SteveNelson46
01-25-2016, 08:28 PM
Sounds like a compression roller switch may be failing with an intermittent connection. Have you tried to blow out the sawdust in the switch(s) with compressed air?

http://www.carvewright.com/assets/service/Maintenence/CarveWright_service_cleaning_rollers.pdf

2A Finishing
01-25-2016, 08:34 PM
Sounds like a compression roller switch may be failing with an intermittent connection. Have you tried to blow out the sawdust in the switch with compressed air?

http://www.carvewright.com/assets/service/Maintenence/CarveWright_service_cleaning_rollers.pdf

I blow out the compression rollers before and after each carve I do - It doesn't seem to have much effect if any. :(

SteveNelson46
01-25-2016, 08:52 PM
I blow out the compression rollers before and after each carve I do - It doesn't seem to have much effect if any. :(

You may need to remove the keypad side panel and check the switches manually. Sometimes just blowing compressed air doesn't clean out the compressed sawdust good. The link in my previous post will tell you how. While you have the panel off check the switches for continuity with a multimeter. I cannot say if this is definitely your problem but it's a place to start.

EDIT: Also be careful using high pressure compressed air. 20-30 psi is more than enough. I just replaced a board sensor for the Veterans Admin. here in Tucson on a machine that had less than 10 hours on it because high pressure air blew sawdust up in the sensor.

2A Finishing
01-25-2016, 09:16 PM
You may need to remove the keypad side panel and check the switches manually. Sometimes just blowing compressed air doesn't clean out the compressed sawdust good. The link in my previous post will tell you how. While you have the panel off check the switches for continuity with a multimeter. I cannot say if this is definitely your problem but it's a place to start.

EDIT: Also be careful using high pressure compressed air. 20-30 psi is more than enough. I just replaced a board sensor for the Veterans Admin. here in Tucson on a machine that had less than 10 hours on it because high pressure air blew sawdust up in the sensor.

Honestly, I'm not comfortable disassembling this machine to diagnose and repair it myself - Perhaps I should have spent more on a unit that didn't require me to perform diagnosis and repair on it myself? That said, with less than 100 hrs on the machine, I'm more than happy to just send it to the company that designed and built it for diagnosis and repair so that I can be certain it's done correctly. The situation might be different if I had gone to school for mechanical/electrical engineering rather than law.

SteveNelson46
01-26-2016, 12:41 AM
Honestly, I'm not comfortable disassembling this machine to diagnose and repair it myself - Perhaps I should have spent more on a unit that didn't require me to perform diagnosis and repair on it myself? That said, with less than 100 hrs on the machine, I'm more than happy to just send it to the company that designed and built it for diagnosis and repair so that I can be certain it's done correctly. The situation might be different if I had gone to school for mechanical/electrical engineering rather than law.

It might be less expensive to find someone in your area to come to you. Sending he unit back to LHR every time something goes wrong is cost prohibitive regardless of your income level. The shipping alone would bankrupt Morgan Chase. Regular maintenance and repair is required quite often.

lynnfrwd
01-26-2016, 09:45 AM
What is your head pressure?
What version of the firmware are you using? It should be 3.102.

lynnfrwd
01-26-2016, 09:57 AM
My guess is...99% of us aren't mechanical/electrical engineers.

2A Finishing
01-26-2016, 10:20 AM
What is your head pressure?
What version of the firmware are you using? It should be 3.102.

Head pressure was right close to 80lbs if I remember correctly (I will check it again when I have a few minutes). The firmware version is 3.102 - I haven't had the machine a year, and it has under 100hrs on it. It was purchased new from LHR/Carvewright.

Your comfort level disassembling the machine and mine are two different metrics. Perhaps I can do it just fine with the skill set I have, and perhaps I may make a mistake that voids my warranty. I prefer not to take chances at this point.

lynnfrwd
01-26-2016, 10:53 AM
The sawdust can cake up at the ends of the two compression rollers. It requires you remove the rollers and clean out the sawdust.

Look at these documents and see if that makes you feel more comfortable.

Troubleshooting doc: http://support.carvewright.com/stuck-compression-roller-message/

Video: http://support.carvewright.com/cleaning-the-compression-rollors/

fwharris
01-26-2016, 11:07 AM
Head pressure was right close to 80lbs if I remember correctly (I will check it again when I have a few minutes). The firmware version is 3.102 - I haven't had the machine a year, and it has under 100hrs on it. It was purchased new from LHR/Carvewright.

Your comfort level disassembling the machine and mine are two different metrics. Perhaps I can do it just fine with the skill set I have, and perhaps I may make a mistake that voids my warranty. I prefer not to take chances at this point.

I was very hesitant to work on the machine in the beginning too but with the online documents and the forum help it became very easy. Even with limited mechanical skills it can be done as the machine is a simple process design. It is not rocket science! :)