PDA

View Full Version : What are the top 4 problems with the machine?

newcarver
03-15-2007, 08:04 PM
I would like to start a poll to find out what the top 3 problems with the machine. I put a few options in it, not sure if I covered them well. Human error is another choice i can add if needed. I'm not picking on the machine just curious, it may help the staff center on a few specific areas.

IM2HAPPI
03-15-2007, 08:26 PM
I still have not had a problem, Not enought time in the day ; (

Digitalwoodshop
03-15-2007, 08:36 PM
On my used machine the Z axis Encoder is out for rebuilding. Drove the bit into the wood, bet that is why it was returned to sears.

On my new machine, had the first real fault today. A zero board detector. Pulled the sensor and re plugged it and it worked just fine. I also looked at the board and thought the solder pads for the LED Transmitter and the Photo Cell Receiver looked a little small and could lift from the board while vibrating causing the circuit to die. Next time I have the circuit out I will photograph it for future reference and time to unpack my Mantis magnifier for soldering. The eyes just don't see as well without help.

Curious what the new board sensor looks like that I heard about.

Did have that bit flag burr on the rounded part that a fine stone buffed out letting the flag work properly.

AL