PDA

View Full Version : Truck stops before bit plate

xchief807
12-14-2015, 10:36 AM
so I pulled my motor checked my brushes and I still have about half on them. I ran the RPM test and my numbers go up. So I am trying to run my project again to see if the RPMs work and my truck now stops about a 1/4 inch before engaging the bit plate. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks Kevin

Dale
12-14-2015, 10:39 AM
Check the wires going to the cut motor, if they are not tucked away correctly they interfer with the movement of the truck as it goes to the far side.

lynnfrwd
12-14-2015, 10:41 AM
Something is physically stopping it. Cables?

xchief807
12-14-2015, 10:55 AM
Thanks it was the wires sometimes you really feel stupid when you find out what it is. I still have the RPM problem.

Digitalwoodshop
12-14-2015, 11:13 AM
We all have forgotten to tuck the cut motor wires in the back corner except the guys that put plastic ties on the case holding them in the corner...

So we are back to the RPM problem....

Since the brushes are OK then we have a few things to check...

I would start by un plugging the machine and removing the X Termination board and inspecting it... Look for brown or burnt parts...

If that is OK then we have the cut motor wires... Some have found that the push on connector has a bad CRIMP so TUG on the wires looking for a loose wire... then re crimp....

Lastly you will need to open the cut motor... I posted a bunch of pictures yesterday. Take Pictures in case a wire comes off... BE GENTLE and look for lose wires. Last year a Over Temp Fuse was found to have a poor solder joint... something like that can happen and cause this... When you put it back together watch where the wires go so they don't hit any moving parts or pinch. Don't forget the screw inside the muffler hole.... it hides in there.

AL

xchief807
12-14-2015, 11:29 AM
The X termination board id the one that is on the bottom of the machine correct

Digitalwoodshop
12-14-2015, 12:27 PM
Yep.... Since your board does not have glue on the C1 Cap gently move it looking for a snapped lead.... But I think the brushes are TOO Short from the other post.

AL