PDA

View Full Version : BUG - Carving List not changing to match board view

Jeff_Birt
12-12-2015, 03:19 PM
Hello everyone long time no chat! I just updated to Designer 3 and am finishing up a project I started ages ago. One thing I noticed while working with Designer is that when you switch to the board Front or Rear view the carving list display does not follow. In fact in order to get the carving list to change to the current side of the board you have to add some new feature/operation. (I added a drilled hole and then deleted it.)

One other thing I noticed is that the forum software does not work well with the new Edge browser. I had to set it to emulate IE11 in order to type anything here.

mtylerfl
12-12-2015, 03:26 PM
Hi Jeff,

Good to "see" you! The Carving List display can be activated/updated for either board side the way you said, but more simply, just by selecting any existing item on the board. When you do that, the correct Carving List will be shown for whichever board side you are viewing.

Can't help with your Edge browser question. I don't have that.

I'll add, I too, prefer the correct Carving List display follows (automatically updates itself) with the board-flip with no additional input required on our part. Perhaps that's something that can be looked at for a future update.

Jeff_Birt
12-12-2015, 04:36 PM
Thanks Michael! That was the trick I was not remembering. Glad to see familiar 'faces' on the forum.