PDA

View Full Version : Spare memory cards?

karossii
12-12-2015, 02:14 PM
I am in need of a memory card, ASAP. If anyone has a spare they could send me, I'd pay full price plus the shipping costs (the second-day flat rate envelope from the post office would work great!). LHR just charges far too much for all of their shipping methods, and Amazon, Home Depot, Lowes, etc. are all out of stock. If you're not in a rush to replace it (like I am right now), you can get it for only $45 at Home Depot or Amazon right now... but they're both out of stock and could be a few weeks.

karossii
12-12-2015, 05:15 PM
Update - after 2 days of searching everywhere the card might possibly have disappeared to, and giving it up as lost forever, my 15 month old daughter handed it to me after pulling it out of her coat pocket. Apparently, she likes shiny things and is going to be a thief, if not properly trained, lol! So the urgent need is gone, and I'll be ordering a backup from Amazon.

fwharris
12-12-2015, 06:41 PM
Update - after 2 days of searching everywhere the card might possibly have disappeared to, and giving it up as lost forever, my 15 month old daughter handed it to me after pulling it out of her coat pocket. Apparently, she likes shiny things and is going to be a thief, if not properly trained, lol! So the urgent need is gone, and I'll be ordering a backup from Amazon.

Great to hear it showed up. Hope she had a grin on her face when she handed to you...

normrichards
12-12-2015, 08:43 PM
LHR was the one selling them through Amazon, Home Depot and Lowes and about 6 months ago it looks like they stopped on Lowes and Home depot and its probably been a year or more, since they sold them at Amazon. I wish LHR would realize that their shipping is to high. Especially for small items like the card. Priority mail is trackable and now includes free insurance, a free flat rate bubble envelope costs 5.95 to ship anywhere and even if they wanted to charge a handling fee of 50% then $9.95 is a decent shipping cost but $12.95 is the cheapest they allow. I know its been complained about to death and I do not want to get kicked out of the forum for complaining so I will stop there.

karossii
12-12-2015, 10:31 PM
Great to hear it showed up. Hope she had a grin on her face when she handed to you...It was, but I am sure it was just delight in giving me something I was happy to find... nothing nefarious about it at all, I am certain. Mostly. LOL.

LHR was the one selling them through Amazon, Home Depot and Lowes and about 6 months ago it looks like they stopped on Lowes and Home depot and its probably been a year or more, since they sold them at Amazon. I wish LHR would realize that their shipping is to high. Especially for small items like the card. Priority mail is trackable and now includes free insurance, a free flat rate bubble envelope costs 5.95 to ship anywhere and even if they wanted to charge a handling fee of 50% then $9.95 is a decent shipping cost but $12.95 is the cheapest they allow. I know its been complained about to death and I do not want to get kicked out of the forum for complaining so I will stop there.
I don't think they'd kick you off the forum. I have similarly been vocal about their horrible shipping rates and practices on the forums. I have discussed 3rd party sources for bits and other parts, specifically because I can't stand their shipping rates and practices. And I have never had any negativity handed down. I love LHR as a company. I have met more than a few of the staff, and the founder's brother. I have a few of them as personal facebook friends. I like the people that work there even better than I like the company. I just cannot stand the ridiculous shipping, and because of it, they have lost a few hundred dollars from my potential business, which has instead gone to others; and probably several thousands from others like us. But I have made them aware of that issue more than once, as have others, and it doesn't seem likely it will ever be addressed.

normrichards
12-12-2015, 11:34 PM
It was, but I am sure it was just delight in giving me something I was happy to find... nothing nefarious about it at all, I am certain. Mostly. LOL.

I don't think they'd kick you off the forum. I have similarly been vocal about their horrible shipping rates and practices on the forums. I have discussed 3rd party sources for bits and other parts, specifically because I can't stand their shipping rates and practices. And I have never had any negativity handed down. I love LHR as a company. I have met more than a few of the staff, and the founder's brother. I have a few of them as personal facebook friends. I like the people that work there even better than I like the company. I just cannot stand the ridiculous shipping, and because of it, they have lost a few hundred dollars from my potential business, which has instead gone to others; and probably several thousands from others like us. But I have made them aware of that issue more than once, as have others, and it doesn't seem likely it will ever be addressed.

I have heard of others being kicked out for being critical but I don't have personal experience. I Love the machine, I don't like everything being an add on and costing another $200. And as I said I hate the shipping costs. I buy my bits, patterns (when I need them), sandpaper belts, used parts, and anything else I can get from others on line. ok, really i'm through complaining.

aokweld101
12-13-2015, 07:03 AM
I always get upset when I can order from China with free shipping with a $10.00 order.. and order a $5.00 part from LHR and cost $12.50 for shipping, I am no mathematician but I can add and subtract

karossii
12-13-2015, 12:40 PM
I have heard of others being kicked out for being critical but I don't have personal experience. I Love the machine, I don't like everything being an add on and costing another $200. And as I said I hate the shipping costs. I buy my bits, patterns (when I need them), sandpaper belts, used parts, and anything else I can get from others on line. ok, really i'm through complaining.
While I don't know of anyone who has been kicked out, I won't argue the point because I have not been fully active for the entire time I've been a member and I wouldn't doubt some people have been. But my guess is that it wasn't for the fact they were complaining, but more likely the manner in which they were doing so. I've seen a lot of negative things said about LHR, with no repercussions - as long as they're said in a civil manner. I imagine if someone gets disruptive or starts slinging threats, etc.; no matter who the target of their hostilities is, they would be (and should be) banned.

karossii
12-13-2015, 12:47 PM
I always get upset when I can order from China with free shipping with a $10.00 order.. and order a $5.00 part from LHR and cost $12.50 for shipping, I am no mathematician but I can add and subtract
Now, I do comprehend the difference here. When you order from China, you're going to the same source as LHR. Except they're ordering on a larger scale, and fall prey to import duties and other additional costs. Meaning they virtually HAVE to add a chunk of change on to the price, not only to make a profit and keep their doors open, but just to cover those expenses.

However when it comes to shipping, there are many proven shipping methods which are as safe or safer, as fast or faster, and between one quarter and one half the cost of their shipping rates. I don't mind them padding the costs by a buck or two - again, it costs them money to pay someone to pick a piece off the shelf and box it up, and whatnot. But to charge between double and quadruple a reasonable shipping amount? That is just a moronic business practice. And they pay the price - they've lost far more in my personal business, not counting any others who like me have given other businesses their business due to shipping rate, than they could have profited from those increased shipping charges for a hundred+ orders. If they offered reasonable shipping, or better yet free shipping (chalking the loss up as a cost of advertising/customer relationship as many companies do), they'd probably have received at least an additional $1,000 in orders from me alone in the last decade or so. Instead, I have done without things I would have liked to buy, and/or sourced from other manufacturers or purchased used when I *needed* a part... and LHR has lost out.

normrichards
12-21-2015, 11:31 AM
There are only two left but amazon has carvewright memory cards for the first time in quite a while. They are $45 and free shipping with prime. Shipping without prime is only $6 so everything is cheaper than LHR website.

xchief807
12-21-2015, 01:18 PM
Amazon ships for free if your order is over 35.00 you don't need prime if its over 35 I just purchased a card a couple months ago and it shipped free.

normrichards
12-21-2015, 02:00 PM
Amazon ships for free if your order is over 35.00 you don't need prime if its over 35 I just purchased a card a couple months ago and it shipped free.

I did not know that, that makes this even better! I had not checked lately but awhile back I had checked amazon, home depot and lowes and they were all out of stock on memory cards and programmers.

xchief807
12-21-2015, 04:53 PM
home depot ships free to I think I know you can have it sent to the store for free.

normrichards
12-21-2015, 08:01 PM
home depot ships free to I think I know you can have it sent to the store for free.

Home Depot and Lowes have not had them available for months. I think LHR may have stopped selling them through Lowes and Home Depot. I think I read it in a forum post some time back.