PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Jeff

RC Woodworks
03-15-2007, 01:17 PM
Thank you so much Jeff for the info on the homing sensor! I have had so much dissapointment with the 2 prior machines. This third machine has been working wonderfully! The reason I bought the machine! I have been making signs for almost 27 years. Full time for the past 5 years after 15 years of being a peace officer and needing to medically retire. Being a sign maker and hand routing all my signs this machine is my helper! I don't need to pay it or provide health or workman's comp insurance!

I wanted a CNC machine some time now. My uncle who taught me the trade uses CNC machines. However he paid $25,000 for a used machine and $10,000 for a smaller unit. Both machines did not come with any software. So he probably has over $10,000 in software. I go to 10 or more county fairs and craft shows during the summer in Northern Ca. and I have attended fairs in southern oregon. Some shows I am so busy I can't keep up! So even though I can carve faster then my little helper. I can have the CC working and I can take another order.

I can't wait for the centerline update I think! If I understand what it will do then the carving should look more like my hand routing?

Thanks again, Jeff I was able to sleep last night! Oh by the way my homing sensor broke, but with the lastest update 1.20 you no longer need the homing sensor.

Dan-Woodman
03-15-2007, 07:22 PM
Hey RC
You'll like --centerline-- it even raises up to make the square corners on the fancy lettering. Thats not real easy to do with a handheld.

RC Woodworks
03-17-2007, 01:31 AM
Dan, I have a website and I have hand routed all the signs. From what I understand about centerline all the signs I have hand routed are centerline. I carve script and raised lettering. I have stencils for most of my signs and script I just carve it.

If you want go to www.rcwoodworksonline.com

Gman_Ind
03-17-2007, 12:34 PM
Is the centerline cutting = vector? The 2 designs I was able to make before my machine died looked like regular CNC vector cutting the centerlines of my design. I tried raster on a carving and it was cutting like a dot matrix printer, 1 line at a time back and forth.
Centerline routing seems the fastest way to get lettering into a sign but I prefer raised lettering and a textured background so Raster will probably be my main method of making lettering.

Dan-Woodman
03-17-2007, 04:52 PM
Hey RC
with your experiance at making signs , you may not need or want centerline. You can probably do it all faster freehand. But one thing will be nice ,it can be doing one sign, while your doing another and you don't have to pay it or feed it.

RC Woodworks
03-17-2007, 05:14 PM
Yes Dan, my point exactly!!!! The problem is I fired my 3rd machine! The Z axis lower left pulley screw came loose and I needed to send in for repair. Plus the homing sensor broke but with 1.20 software fixed that. Then it started getting an error to close the the cover.

So this helper is fired my new helper will be here next Friday I hope the 4th will be the charm?

I can carve the signs faster by hand but I have made 2 signs 1 7/8" wide by 20" long. One said, Suites 201-204 Plz use side door and the other Suites 201-204 entrance. The letter size had to a little over an inch and I could do it by hand...... Why should I with the CC!!!!

Sorry I deleted the pictures in the gallery I am trying to figure out how to make them small enough to upload yet be able to click on them to see them full size.

Digitalwoodshop
03-17-2007, 06:47 PM
Hey heck with the pictures just point us to your web sight for the pictures there. Really enjoyed looking at them and the mobile shop, that is great.... Just add a Desk Top Laser Engraver and wow.... It would be like printing money....

Good Job,

AL

Hope the 4th is the charm.

RC Woodworks
03-18-2007, 06:49 PM
Thank you Al for the kind words,all those signs were hand routed. Just got back from Reno, Nev. and made my donation! That's whats bad about about living only an hour and half away!

IM2HAPPI
03-19-2007, 11:20 AM
And you have a sign shop ? Im surprised your getting them replaced so easy.

RC Woodworks
03-19-2007, 01:12 PM
Yes I have a sign shop, I make hand routed signs. As forth to the machine I have not had one work for more then 3 days. So why are you surprised I can get it replaced so easily?

From the first machine I bought and returned it has not been 90 days. I used that one a couple days sent it for repair. Used it a day and it broke so I exchanged it. The second one I use it one day it broke so I retured it.

This last one did go for 3 days without problems and yes they exchanged this one too. I know what you are leading towards if I use it for my sign shop how can I return it? Well I have not been able to use it long enough to find out if I can use it for my business. Yes I know Sears warranty policy about using the machine commercially. Yes I live in a small town and they know I own a sign shop.

I hope that answered your question?