PDA

View Full Version : gui

henry1
12-05-2015, 12:40 PM
having a problem to get Qui to work it give me an error when trying to download to the card change card also the programmer and reboot still no go you think I have to download it again 2.07 it won't write to the card any help appreiciated this is a first for me also qui saying not responding

lynnfrwd
12-05-2015, 02:20 PM
having a problem to get Qui to work it give me an error when trying to download to the card change card also the programmer and reboot still no go you think I have to download it again 2.07 it won't write to the card any help appreiciated this is a first for me also qui saying not responding

Shut your computer all of the way down and bring it back up.

bergerud
12-05-2015, 02:52 PM
If you have tried other usb ports, cards, and readers, I guess reinstalling Designer is next. Does it work with Designer 1.187 ?

henry1
12-05-2015, 05:54 PM
Shut your computer all of the way down and bring it back up.

I did do that,, still no go still getting error even on 187 I have I am running 2 and did update license still no go

henry1
12-05-2015, 05:56 PM
If you have tried other usb ports, cards, and readers, I guess reinstalling Designer is next. Does it work with Designer 1.187 ?

I did do what you said, still no go and to download the 2 its not on the website anymore,, can't find it and don't work with designer 187 go figure

bergerud
12-05-2015, 06:54 PM
If both 2 and 1.187 do the same crash, it could be the usb drivers or Windows. Do other usb devices work ok? Thumb drives?

henry1
12-05-2015, 07:08 PM
If both 2 and 1.187 do the same crash, it could be the usb drivers or Windows. Do other usb devices work ok? Thumb drives?

all usb work ok,, and I am running windows 10 it started about a month ago and to day still trying , it will go about 19 % and quite or not read card I have 4 cards and 3 programmer all give me the same result last week running ok , could a new printer affect it its a Samsung express pretty well top of the line and a new tp link router

bergerud
12-05-2015, 07:12 PM
I do not know. I do think something must have changed in windows.

henry1
12-05-2015, 07:16 PM
I do not know. I do think something must have changed in windows.

I have a computer teck coming over tomorrow we will check it out thanks for trying

bergerud
12-05-2015, 07:24 PM
Maybe have a look at Devices and Printers. Maybe you can troubleshoot the Carvewright Fash Programmer there.

SteveNelson46
12-05-2015, 07:37 PM
Henry,

Unplug the printer from the usb port, plug the reader in and then try to upload to the card.

lynnfrwd
12-05-2015, 07:58 PM
Every project or just tried one?

henry1
12-05-2015, 08:51 PM
Every project or just tried one?

every one Lynn, and did unplug the printer I uninstalled 2.07 and reinstalled it still no go I have no ideal what going on // first for me , but the past month it was acting up was telling to retry to read the card and it did work then,, but now no go and I back up all my file on an external hard drive,, hope some teck at LHR can help

lynnfrwd
12-05-2015, 08:52 PM
You use the RUN as ADMIN command?

fwharris
12-05-2015, 09:45 PM
One thing to try is move or rename the carvewright folder found in * see attached image *

Something might/could be corrupt.

During the designer install process if there is no carvewright folder it will create one and just have the basic stuff just like a new user install.

henry1
12-05-2015, 10:00 PM
One thing to try is move or rename the carvewright folder found in * see attached image *

Something might/could be corrupt.

During the designer install process if there is no carvewright folder it will create one and just have the basic stuff just like a new user install.

tried that still get error

fwharris
12-05-2015, 10:42 PM
Other things to try, restore back to an earlier date and run a virus malware check.

henry1
12-06-2015, 05:06 AM
Other things to try, restore back to an earlier date and run a virus malware check.
can't restore I have windows 10 it doesn't give me the option

henry1
12-06-2015, 05:08 AM
You use the RUN as ADMIN command?

yes I did use RUN as ADMIN I am on widows 10 would that have anything to do with it , I might have to go to 3 if compatible with windows 10 ,,was running so good till about a month ago

bergerud
12-06-2015, 10:01 AM
I think your problem may have to do with device drivers. If it is not to hard, why not try uninstalling the newer printer or other devices you installed prior to the problem.

Look at Printers and devices in the control panel. Maybe a clue there.

henry1
12-06-2015, 10:33 AM
I think your problem may have to do with device drivers. If it is not to hard, why not try uninstalling the newer printer or other devices you installed prior to the problem.

Look at Printers and devices in the control panel. Maybe a clue there.

I was getting the problem before I installed the router and printer , I was getting the retry problem but will give a shot I will try anything right now and the 3 software you have now compatible to windows 10 right

bergerud
12-06-2015, 10:41 AM
I do not know anything about Windows 10 yet except that it keeps trying to sneak on to my computer!

I would assume that your problem is not to do with Designer versions and Designer 3 might be the same. I have not heard of anyone having to upgrade to 3 because of Windows 10.

Maybe you should not uninstall that other software if the problem was there before.

Someone with Windows 10 should explain how to look at and trouble shoot device drivers.

SteveNelson46
12-06-2015, 11:06 AM
can't restore I have windows 10 it doesn't give me the option

Henry,

Here's how to restore Windows 10 to a previous state:

Open an elevated command prompt (click on search in the task bar and type "Elevated Command Prompt" in the search bar).
In the command prompt window, type "msconfig" (no quotes) and press enter.
Click on the "Tools" tab.
Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select "System Restore" and click on "Launch"

oscarl48
12-06-2015, 11:06 AM
Henry,

I finally bit the bullet and upgraded to Win 10. So far everything has been working fine for me.

Under the setting button (bottom left of home screen) there is an update and recovery button. Under the recovery button, it will allow you to go back to 8.1 if it been less than 30 days since you updated your computer.

If its been longer and you can't go back still in the settings folder there is a devices button. The device manager is in there and you will have access to the drivers. Sometimes a driver update can help though it is a long shot.

Oscar

bergerud
12-06-2015, 11:22 AM
Henry,

The device manager is in there and you will have access to the drivers. Sometimes a driver update can help though it is a long shot.

Oscar

Or try uninstalling the Carvrewright driver and then reinstalling Designer.

henry1
12-06-2015, 11:33 AM
Or try uninstalling the Carvrewright driver and then reinstalling Designer.
when you uninstalled in the add remove the drivers should all uninstalled right

bergerud
12-06-2015, 11:44 AM

I suppose they should but I am not sure. They might not as they are used by more than one version of Designer.

I would do it in the device manager. (or do both)

fwharris
12-06-2015, 12:21 PM

the uninstall only removes items in the programs folder. As I posted before, move or rename the carvewright folder in C:\users\your name\carvewright.

henry1
12-06-2015, 12:33 PM
the uninstall only removes items in the programs folder. As I posted before, move or rename the carvewright folder in C:\users\your name\carvewright.

I did that same result , my comp teck coming in tonight will give result after if we find the problem got be something simple

bergerud
12-06-2015, 01:05 PM
Just try this. With the card reader plugged in, go to Devices and Printers. You should see the reader there. Uninstall the driver. Unplug the reader and then plug it back in again. The driver should reinstall.
Worth a try.

henry1
12-06-2015, 01:56 PM
Just try this. With the card reader plugged in, go to Devices and Printers. You should see the reader there. Uninstall the driver. Unplug the reader and then plug it back in again. The driver should reinstall.
Worth a try.
it saying this device is working properly and did what you said I will figure it out yet just doesn't make sense maybe there is an update for this or a patch hate spending money to go to 3 and still same problem

normrichards
12-06-2015, 02:31 PM
Do not go to 3 to solve this problem, It will not do so. This is driver/software issue. You may need to completely uninstall and then reinstall the drivers and the designer software. Have you tried the readers on another computer? If they work there then you know it is a software/driver issue.

henry1
12-06-2015, 04:48 PM
Do not go to 3 to solve this problem, It will not do so. This is driver/software issue. You may need to completely uninstall and then reinstall the drivers and the designer software. Have you tried the readers on another computer? If they work there then you know it is a software/driver issue.

thank for the head up I kind of figured that my teck will be here soon good buddy of mine

SteveNelson46
12-06-2015, 06:01 PM
Henry,

I'm reasonably certain that if you do a system restore (see post 24) that it will fix your problem. It's not a system rollback to a previous version of Windows. Just a restore to a previous restore point just like in windows 8.

henry1
12-06-2015, 07:02 PM
Henry,

I'm reasonably certain that if you do a system restore (see post 24) that it will fix your problem. It's not a system rollback to a previous version of Windows. Just a restore to a previous restore point just like in windows 8.

well all fix for now my computer teck showed me how to restore to an earlier date on windows 10 working now , it windows 10 update change the file update and stop it from downloading they have to ask me now if I want to update and thx steve for helping
and had it now for about 2 months to late for me,, and would like thank everyone who tried to help