View Full Version : Buffalo Spirits Plaque

BoardSilly
03-15-2007, 12:29 PM
Another plaque of my Western designs.

rgant05
03-15-2007, 01:06 PM
Board Silly

Now.... me likes that kind of stuff !!!

Do you have the line art or jpg file that I might try to do a little depth and curviture work on? If you have it and willing to share it, you can email it directly to me. (email in the system)

BoardSilly
03-15-2007, 07:22 PM
These are purchased line art drawings, as such they are copyrighted and I cannot send.

rgant05
03-15-2007, 09:51 PM
Are those by any chance from Classic Carving Patterns?

BoardSilly
03-15-2007, 10:42 PM
You can purchase them all at http://www.carvingpatterns.com

They take a little work to get into a carveable image, but look nice when done.

Gman_Ind
03-19-2007, 01:15 PM
How much time does it take to go from a drawing to a mpc pattern? You mentioned it is alot of work, so I was wondering how long it takes. Do you import the image then edit it or do you edit an image close to what you want then import it? i guess it would be up to how fast a person is using thier preferred program.
BTW looks good.

RC Woodworks
03-19-2007, 03:31 PM
Board very nice, what kind of bit did you use? What depth did you set the bit?

rgant05
03-19-2007, 03:46 PM
Gman,
It depends on what you start with and how far you want to refine it If its line art and you aren't trieig to put curves and other 3d effects sometimes you can do with just a little bit of clean up.... like convert to vector drawing and take out a few lines and such, then save as an importable graphics for Designer. Other graphics you can spend literally hours working on it and still not achieving the desired effect. It all depends on what you have and where you want to take it. I know thats a pretty vague answer, but thats the answer and I think its a pretty accurate statement.

I'm gonna try doing a few different things to some graphics smiliar to what Board Silly did. I'll post the results when I get them done and try to list the time that I spend on them.