PDA

View Full Version : Check Tracking Roller E49-0320 CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT!!! HELP PLEASE!!

Emy Cosper
12-01-2015, 03:13 PM
Hi there,

I have been getting this error message for a couple weeks now. I did notice when I first got the message that I was missing the o-ring. I did replace it with the correct 7/16 o-ring as I am still using the sandpaper belts. The last carve I did in the machine was just a couple weeks ago. Finished the carve perfectly with no problems. Couple days later I tried to load a bigger carve into the machine, 26x7x.5, gets to homing... and then rolls the board all the way past the brass tracking roller and I get the error message. I have tried continue and it rolls the board all the way out of the machine so I abort. I have checked my sandpaper belts, they are NOT rolled up, I've checked quite thoroughly more than a few times just to be sure. I'm positive they are not and there is no ripped or tears and the seams are still intact. They are in great condition. The tracking belts move freely, the brass tracking roller is in place and not any odd movement other than what is normal. I've tried masking tape on the board, that didn't seem to help at all. I did open it up on the side plate today to clean it, re-grease, blow all the saw dust out and I did check the x-axis gears. They move fine and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with them at all. I've cleaned off the sensor and blew off any dust up underneath that I could get to, I've checked everything I possibly could and everything SEEMS to be in good working condition.

I honestly can not find a thing wrong with it. I've done everything I'm supposed to, or what I've found online and in the manual, and I am stumped. I know there are upgrades like the rubber belts with the new tracking roller and the dual x-axis gears. I would REALLY like to fix what I have now and continue to use it like it is as long as possible until something ACTUALLY breaks and I am forced to upgrade. Like I said, I just did a carve only a couple weeks ago, right before the error message and it carved perfect. Not one hiccup. Now, I can't figure it out. And this machine has a lot of carving time on it and never a problem before. It's been very very well maintained and cared for.

Anything I'm missing??? Any thoughts??? Some help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!