PDA

View Full Version : Just finished replacing my "A" machine sandpaper belts with rubber ones... BOOM BABY

Durtdawber
11-23-2015, 07:15 PM
This is just the second time I've had to take my machine apart for repairs but after a little under 2 hours, she worked when I got her back together.

Now I can't say there wasn't any fussing... there was.
Now I can't say there wasn't any discussing... there was, my father helped me.
Now I can't say there wasn't any cussing... there was and my father wanted to know where I learned some of those words!

I did a board measure after finishing the job and it ran just find. I'm going to start a carve later.

ps... The instructions and video from LHR were top notch but not entirely in sync with each other. There are a few parts in the box that the video does not address and instructions explained how to do it from the LCD panel side. Using both, it was all good.

Donnie

FWMiller
11-23-2015, 09:40 PM
I upgraded my A machine a couple years ago and it was well worth it. Best thing is no more rolled up belts.

Digitalwoodshop
11-24-2015, 01:53 PM
Got any spare new belts? I buy them....

AL

Durtdawber
11-24-2015, 03:38 PM
Sorry, don't have any.

DickB
11-24-2015, 04:10 PM
I've never had a real issue with sandpaper belts at over 700 hours. I did manage to rip one quite a while ago and installed replacements from a third party, but they have been going strong.

Durtdawber
11-24-2015, 04:21 PM
The reason I upgraded was that one of the sandpaper belts split half way at the seam.

ronboley
11-24-2015, 07:02 PM
After edge rolling, tearing and splitting three sandpaper sets, I replaced my sandpaper belts with the rubber ones a year or two ago. Since then, no constantly checking for rolled edges, splits or tears...so the best thing is its just one less worry...and less down time...