PDA

View Full Version : z-truck stall

fdupras
11-07-2015, 11:08 AM
I'm getting a error E06-324 when it tries to check the thickness of the board. Error occurs with both 1/8" and 1/16" bit. I can't find anything wrong. Can anyone give any suggestions?

bergerud
11-07-2015, 11:10 AM
Exactly when do you get the stall? If it is on the sliding plate, you may have a hole drilled at the touch point near the brass roller. Welcome to the forum! It took you awhile to post!!

fdupras
11-07-2015, 04:44 PM
Yep . . . it is on the sliding plate. The bit strikes the sliding guide and stops. I'm not too swift on this stuff so I'll have to find the brass roller. Thanks for replying. Hope I can correct this!

bergerud
11-07-2015, 05:00 PM
Just before the bit bobs and touches the sliding plate on the right side, it bobs beside the board on the left side. It touches on a spot beside the brass roller. On some machines, the bit does not stop spinning fast enough right after loading the bit and drills a hole in the plastic. After that, the bit goes down too far (into the hole) and then stalls on the other side on the sliding plate because it expected the sliding plate to be lower.

You need to fill the hole. Some have just put a dime over it. Some have epoxied it.

If this is your problem, from now on, you should move the carriage all the way to the right whenever you put in a bit. That way, the bit gets a longer time to spin down before the bob at the brass roller. It is during this initial bob when the hole is drilled.

See the post: http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?27595-Z-Axis-Stall-ERR-E06-0314&p=251864#post251864

for a picture of another member's solution.

Also see: http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?20045-Z-axis-stall-fixed-but-how-do-i-prevent-it-again&p=170899#post170899

fdupras
11-07-2015, 06:34 PM
I think I found the hole that you spoke of, but I'd like to verify it with you.

Do you recommend epoxy a dime over the hole, or just use epoxy?

Fred

bergerud
11-07-2015, 06:43 PM
Yep. . . that's it. Fill that hole and your machine is fixed.

I see that you have a new type brass roller. That touch spot should have had a small metal spring clip that the bit would touch. See the picture. (You may have vacuumed it up.) It does not really matter. The first machines did not have the clip.

fdupras
11-09-2015, 07:35 AM
The "Ten Cent Fix" . . . Well o.k., it did cost more 'cuz I had to buy some epoxy.

Thank You very much for your help. I did a carving after the "10-cent fix" and everything went well.

bergerud
11-09-2015, 08:38 AM
Keep an eye on the bit spin down. You do not want the bit to be cutting into the dime. Try the trick of moving the carriage to the right after loading the bit. This gives it a little more time to slow down before the touch.

Digitalwoodshop
11-09-2015, 09:58 AM
I just open the cover after the bit change spin up and before it goes down on the left side.

I have used a piece of credit card plastic on my holes... Drilling into a dime just dulls the bit... then we see posts about corian not cutting properly and it's a "new bit"... that has been cutting metal.

Just my 10 cents...

AL

bergerud
11-09-2015, 11:04 AM
I just open the cover after the bit change spin up and before it goes down on the left side.AL

Al, try the trick of moving the carriage all the way to the right. Another member posted the trick. I do not have the "spin" problem but I would like to know how well the trick works.

Digitalwoodshop
11-09-2015, 11:20 AM
Al, try the trick of moving the carriage all the way to the right. Another member posted the trick. I do not have the "spin" problem but I would like to know how well the trick works.

Will do...