PDA

View Full Version : Pay if you knock at my Door

gwizpro
10-31-2015, 01:49 PM
While scanning Facebook I saw this from a site in England

I modified it a little and carved it in Maple.

Gonna put it on my front door later....78512

fwharris
10-31-2015, 02:27 PM
Great one! To bad it could not be adapted to your phone! :)

SharonB
11-01-2015, 01:00 AM
Great one! To bad it could not be adapted to your phone! :)

That was my same thoughts Floyd when I read gwizpro's plaque. But I think we can all relate to the message, whether it is the front door or the phone.

mathman
11-01-2015, 10:47 AM
Nice sign! Should I mention that 'knocking' was misspelled in the last paragraph? ;)

henry1
11-01-2015, 11:02 AM
While scanning Facebook I saw this from a site in England

I modified it a little and carved it in Maple.

Gonna put it on my front door later....78512
How big of a board did you use

gwizpro
11-01-2015, 01:59 PM
Well I noticed the spelling error after I posted, Canned that one and carved a new one with the correct spelling,
The size was 6 x11 on the original one and the new one was 8 x12. Which came out much better..... BUt notice the size difference on last 5 lines.
IN the original .mpc the last paragraph is one text sequence. i carved a third one and it came out fine. The difference was, on the second one when the machine measured the board length it was a little short from the dimensions on the .mpc file and ask to replace board or adjust the carving. I selected adjust the carving. Apparently there might be a glitch in the algorithms...
I made the third board a little bigger and all went fine.
I sometimes forget to make the board just a little bigger and trim if necessary after carving....

henry1
11-01-2015, 03:27 PM
Well I noticed the spelling error after I posted, Canned that one and carved a new one with the correct spelling,
The size was 6 x11 on the original one and the new one was 8 x12. Which came out much better..... BUt notice the size difference on last 5 lines.
IN the original .mpc the last paragraph is one text sequence. i carved a third one and it came out fine. The difference was, on the second one when the machine measured the board length it was a little short from the dimensions on the .mpc file and ask to replace board or adjust the carving. I selected adjust the carving. Apparently there might be a glitch in the algorithms...
I made the third board a little bigger and all went fine.
I sometimes forget to make the board just a little bigger and trim if necessary after carving....

What font did you use on this

Durtdawber
11-01-2015, 05:16 PM
I'll go ahead and asked what everyone is tip toeing around... Could you share the file? I think we would all like to put this at our door. :D

You did not nice job!

Donnie