PDA

View Full Version : New & learning but confused

edelman
10-27-2015, 04:06 PM
Hello -- I have designed and made a couple of signs with my machine but don't know how to locate a pattern and get it to the card for carving. I can see that there are patterns that members post but how do I get them to the card to load into the machine ? - Thanks ! -- Harry

fwharris
10-27-2015, 04:11 PM
To get a pattern into the designer software you first need to down load it to your computer. Then you need to get it loaded into designer by either double clicking on the pattern or from the file tab/open and select ptn as the format. This will put the pattern into your favorites folder. You can then select the pattern from the pattern list to place on the design board.

You should also spend some time reading up... http://support.carvewright.com/learning_guide/

http://support.carvewright.com/tips-tricks-archive/

xchief807
10-27-2015, 04:22 PM
What state are you in maybe you could hook up with someone and they could show you. I would be happy too if your in NJ

edelman
10-27-2015, 04:34 PM
hey -- thanks for responding -- I am waaaaay out here in Kansas City -- big baseball game tonight. I don't think I need more than about ten or fifteen minutes of proding - to know how to copy or send ideas to the carvewright menu. I don't want to impose on you but feel free to call if you are willing Thanks again - Harry

edelman
10-27-2015, 04:37 PM
Hi and thank you -- will try to figure out how to download to the computer - sounds easy but still learning -- Thanks - Harry

fwharris
10-27-2015, 05:08 PM
Harry,

I edited/removed your phone number from the posts. We encourage members not to post them. If you want to share contact info we ask that you do it through the private message (notifications) found at the top of the screen.

GO ROYALS!!

SteveNelson46
10-28-2015, 03:31 PM
Hello -- I have designed and made a couple of signs with my machine but don't know how to locate a pattern and get it to the card for carving. I can see that there are patterns that members post but how do I get them to the card to load into the machine ? - Thanks ! -- Harry

To upload a project that you have on the screen to the data card:

1. Plug the data card reader into a USB port on your computer
2. Insert the data card into the card reader
3. From the Designer screen, select "File, Upload" from the menu at the top of the screen.
4. From the pop-up dialogue box, use the options to set the quality of the carve. The higher the quality, the longer it takes to carve
5. Click on the upload button at the bottom
6. When the upload is complete, remove the card from the reader and take it out to the machine.