PDA

View Full Version : Memory Card

caswellh
03-14-2007, 01:24 PM
I waited a month to get my machine and it had a defective memory card out of the box. I've now waited over a month for a replacement card. Anyone else having these problems?

Memory

forqnc
03-14-2007, 01:28 PM
CW had a problem getting orders from it suppliers due to the Chinese New Year, apparently the place shut down for the festival. They are getting orders now, so I am sure you be one of the first on the list. Hang in there

adoni
03-14-2007, 04:20 PM
(raises his hand)

My machine had 2 hours on it and the card was bad. Sent in the card in early February and have been told it will be shipped this coming Friday or next Monday.

I've learned patience long ago, this is testing it.

Brucker
03-26-2007, 07:09 PM
I have been waiting at least that long also. Does anyone have an extra they would like to sell?

liquidguitars
03-26-2007, 11:00 PM
That's a bummer for sure... :x

Gman_Ind
03-27-2007, 03:19 PM
any idea what type of memory these are? I was thinking about getting a spare one online, It was mentioned before this is 'special' card only accessible through the reader and the CW software.

adoni
03-27-2007, 06:02 PM
The patience testing is still going on. I've contacted CW and spoke with Deidre only to be told that they do not have any cards and she didn't know when they will be getting any. So far I think I'm the only CC owner that has dust on his machine but it's not because it's creating it, it's collecting it. It's a bit disheartening, I've paid for something I can't use, period ... it was DOA from the start. My greatest fear is getting the card and then having to deal with all the other problems I've read about, Y- Z- axis, close cover .. etc etc.

Someone a long time ago told me, "When you pray for patience be prepared to get tribulation." Well, patience is wearing thin at this point.

3DPhotowright
03-27-2007, 07:21 PM
My memory card works OK in the machine but I have found it necessary to try two or three times to upload a project in the programmer. Jiggling the card did not work. Lately I've had to use the heal of my hand to get it to activate.
Now retired, but with over 25 years in high tech sales .... customer service is key. One can have the best product ever made but if service is not prompt or parts are not available, the reputation of the product..... and trust in the company can degrade quickly. A company needs to support it's current product prior to engaging in development of new ones... As a side note, I represented companies affiliated with China. Yes, they do shut down during the Chinese New Year for a couple of weeks. If I recall in February.

caswellh
03-28-2007, 11:48 AM
This memory card has been a real experience. It didn't work out of the box and after two months wait and no delivery date I am sending my machine back. There is something fundamentally wrong if it takes this long to replace a card. I don't think they know what's wrong with the card. I doubt it is electrostatic discharge as I've been told.

Some other points. You can buy a new system from stock from Sears, Sears tells me so the memory cards that are available must be going into new build and not service parts. How about that? Good for revenue but not so good for customer goodwill.

I ordered my machine by phone from Sears. I've spent the morning on the phone trying to get them to recognize my order. I got a purchase order number from the Sears people whose number was on my credit card. Sears service didn't recognize the order number or have any record of my purchase. Turns out Sears has two order data basis. My was in the "Infomercials" base and the service people don't have access to this data. So be careful if you buy directly from Sears. Best to do it through a store.

I was enthusiastic about the machine and what I could do with it. That enthusiasm has been killed.

adoni
04-02-2007, 05:23 PM
I received my memory card today, it works in the CC but not in the reader. Bad reader perhaps. I've left a voice mail with software support, we'll see what happens.

Clock ticking, starting the 3rd month and the only dust on it is from nature, not from carving.

I want to go on a rant, but these are just words and I doubt I'll get satisfaction. That and I don't want to get others honked off at me or banned completely.

I'm at my wits end ... I want the machine, and I want it to work.

There's got to be some help ... somewhere.

Anthony Apostolou - adoni

adoni
04-02-2007, 05:40 PM
Don't worry about responding ... it's dead again, the card that is. I put it in the CC, measured some boards then powered down and I was going to upgrade the flash and load a project. PC doesn't recognize it like I posted above. I figured what the heck, I take the card out and insert it in the CC ... guess what, black squares. It won't power up.

I'm done, I'm on hold right to see if I cant send this thing back.

The saga continues .......

RC Woodworks
04-02-2007, 05:41 PM
Anthony.... prozac?? Sorry I know how you feel my 4th exchanged from 3 prior went lame today. Oh I thought about shooting it!! I even thought about exchanging it for #5. But talking it over with the wife and fellow member rgant agreeing. But to continue to exchange the machine and starting over with the same or simular troubles. Doesn't make sense.

So only two things do .... Have it repaired or return it for a refund. Now I think if I was in your shoes I would have exchange it for a new machine.

I would love to tell you after your card issue is fixed that will be the last problem you will ever have beyond maintance issues. But I know I can't say that or do I believe anyone else can.

I do know the longer you wait your 90 days to exchange it will be up before you even use the machine. A new machine will give you another 90 days to experience the problems we have all had. I know that is not what you wanted to hear. But it is the truth!

Rick

adoni
04-02-2007, 05:58 PM
Thanks Rick ... I've discussed the warranty issue with CW and they will start the clock when I get a piece carved. At least I'm going with what Diedre has told me.

I am now waiting for a new programmer to be mailed to me. The software people say that's my trouble. I told them that it fried the card and they said the card is fine. But when I put it in the machine it only shows black squares and won't power up. To me that's not fine.

So far the project I had slated the CC for is being done by hand. Perhaps I should just return it and get my money back .... in 5 years they MIGHT have the bugs worked out.

And seriously, should the machine have made the market with this many issues? (thread drift - stops now)

(shakes his head)
I'll see what happens when the programmer arrives.

RC Woodworks
04-02-2007, 06:25 PM
Well Anthony Diedre is reffering to CW 1 year 200 hr warranty. You have only 90 days with Sears for your complete satisfaction for a refund or exchange. So like I said once that is up all your dealings will be with CW.

I just wanted you to be aware you are going to have problems. now you have 2 choices Sears and CW. I would have taken back to Sears when I found out the card was bad. Especially if I found out about China's new year.

I own a sign shop and until the CC I hand routed all my signs. Trust me when you can use this machine it can make signs for you that is soooo easier then hand routing them. Plus it can make an oval border far better then I can by hand!

Well you have very real concerns but I am in this machine only a couple of weeks. And after the other 3 had some of the same problems I choose to to try getting the bugs repaired. If I am still in the Sears warranty and i have another problem then I will consider getting a refund

If you are not ready for upcoming machine troubles then I would suggest getting a refund. But if you are ready to work through the problems then I would think where do you want to start?

Hope that helped I too have been through all this. I am going to get another CNC machine for my main shop but for when I make signs at fairs I want the CC to help on orders.

Sorry I know you didn't want to hear anymore I am trying to help.

Rick

liquidguitars
04-03-2007, 09:40 PM
So far the project I had slated the CC for is being done by hand. Perhaps I should just return it and get my money back .... in 5 years they MIGHT have the bugs worked out.

And seriously, should the machine have made the market with this many issues? (thread drift - stops now)

Like it or not we are on the first floor with the CW like I prefer to be... Don't give up yet, the card programmer can be the cause.

Who is going to make that cool light weight Frisbee out of pine...? :)

Lig

adoni
04-03-2007, 10:45 PM
I am hanging in there, I'm hoping by Thursday to have the programmer. And I don't plan on doing frisbees .. yet. What I've got planned are trophies, miniature baskets. If no one objects I'll post what I've created by hand and am looking forward to having the CC do instead. A regular basket is about 50" tall, the trophies are 11" tall.

adoni
04-05-2007, 05:48 PM
It's been an uphill battle, but so far my machine is working on a prototype of my first project I hope to complete with my CC. I had reader/programmer problems which erased or fried my first memory card. Got another card only to have it become unusable, at least I thought it was. Spoke with support and they sent a new reader and now I can upload my project to the card. The card works in the CC, measured boards and some other built in functions and then decided to take the plunge. It's carving away as I type. My wife said, "I'll see you in the morning.", funny thing, it's only 5:46pm now.

To all that have problems: patience always wins.

To those that have encouraged me: THANK YOU!

As soon as the project is built I will post a picture.
adoni

MarkJamesDesign
04-05-2007, 05:56 PM
Adoni,
I like the trophy. What is the wood and finish?

adoni
04-05-2007, 06:47 PM
Adoni,
I like the trophy. What is the wood and finish?

It's 50 yr. old baltic birch plywood. I manage misc. projects at work. The facility is 50+ years old. The office and conf. rooms were demo'd to install newer offices. I procured several pieces.

No stain, the finish is spar varnish, semi-gloss. I've found it brings out the grain alot nicer than polyurethane.