PDA

View Full Version : Eo6-0324 message

Sliverfoot
10-18-2015, 08:22 PM
I was just carving Michael's Victorian Ornaments. The first ornament set carved perfectly but when I changed the bit to the 1/8 cutting I received the "z axis stall, Err E06-0324". Press Stop.
Do I have any options before pushing stop and loosing the carve?

bergerud
10-18-2015, 08:40 PM
I do not think so. The project has been aborted.

Sliverfoot
10-18-2015, 08:46 PM
Darn.
Is there something that I should watch for before running it again? The CW has been working flawlessly this weekend other than this.
I have been making some Christmas gifts using your Experimental board carrier. It works great!!

fwharris
10-18-2015, 08:58 PM
Was all of the carving (1/16" bit) completed and going to the drill/cut out steps?

If so you can delete all of the carving patterns and leave the cut paths and drill holes. Upload to the card and complete the carving.

Sliverfoot
10-18-2015, 09:16 PM
Yes. All of the carving was done, and I had just switched to the 1/8" cutting bit.
I just shut the machine off for the night but I didn't move the carrier, it is still lowered onto the board. Tomorrow night I'll try that, since I didn't move the board it SHOULD work.

fwharris
10-18-2015, 09:41 PM
Yes. All of the carving was done, and I had just switched to the 1/8" cutting bit.
I just shut the machine off for the night but I didn't move the carrier, it is still lowered onto the board. Tomorrow night I'll try that, since I didn't move the board it SHOULD work.

That should work!

Digitalwoodshop
10-19-2015, 11:52 AM
I got the same error twice yesterday with a 1/8th cutting bit when the bit went down on the left side. Found my Z Rail was dirty from the carve. Made a new project with the stuff still needed to do and off it went... It was also COLD in the shop.

AL

Icutone2
10-19-2015, 09:18 PM
Guest what I found, Is that the rollers flatten overnight and leave a bump where you start again. Not to say your time on will go up.
Lee

Sliverfoot
10-20-2015, 12:01 PM
Last night I finished the ornament 1 pattern by running it through using the "carveless" file, (drill and cutouts only). Worked great! Then I tried running through the ornament 2 file and got the same error message after switching to the 1/8 cutout. I tried running the "carveless" file through again and it still didn't work. Same error message. Carving seems to work fine but when the machine goes to drill the holes it faults.

bergerud
10-20-2015, 12:05 PM
You need to explain exactly how it faults. When does the stall occur?

Digitalwoodshop
10-20-2015, 12:13 PM
Any chance your flex is catching on the black cover slit on the UP stroke?

Sliverfoot
10-20-2015, 12:32 PM
Hmmm, possible. I did think I noticed that the flex seems to kind of catch or jerk, but I though I was just imagining it. I'll look at it when I get home tonight. I remember at the conference they suggested putting a zip tie on the cable where it came out in back to help pull it down. I did that a while ago but took it off to take the cover off.

Digitalwoodshop
10-20-2015, 06:02 PM
Could be time to rotate the top cap if it has a worn spot.

Sliverfoot
10-20-2015, 08:36 PM
Ok, Had to work late tonight so I didn't get out to the shop as soon as I would have liked.
I put the zip tie back onto the flex cable where it comes out of the case in back and tried to run it again. After measuring the board, finding the bit, finding board thickness (this time it told me the board was too thin.) and getting a message that I should check my tracking roller do I want to abort or continue. Continue. When it got to drilling hole, the error message popped up.
But wait.
I came in to eat dinner and check the forum, AL I saw your post so I went out to check the flex shaft to see signs of what your photos show and try it once more. (First off my flex shaft doesn't hit the case at all it comes down nice and straight with about 3/16 space between it and the cover.) I thought I'll try run it again and write everything down as it happens.
I did get another check tracking roller message when it was measuring the board. I hit enter to continue. I didn't get a too thin message this time though and, well, it worked. It cut out the ornament just like it was supposed to.
Success but I really don't know why and I have a suspicion that it will happen again.

eastcutty
10-24-2015, 06:18 PM
I've found that the rollers do seem to flatten in certain spots causing the Z-truck to brake hard along the rails- this can sometimes be overcome by raising/lowering the truck by hand several times prior to carving to get the 'flats' out of synch with each other, or physically rotate both the left or right side wheels with pliers, etc.... it seems that if flat spots occur it'll happen in both upper or both lower pairs of rollers at the same time, I guess due to adjusted tightness or wear at a 'favorite' spot of travel. If a pair gets flats, it seems the motor can handle moving the truck if you adjust the flats out of synch with each other, but if IN synch, fuggetaboutit, the brakes get slammed on. This, of course, only works if the wear is on the rollers, not the rails themselves. Best solution is to replace the rollers, but in a pinch, the above worked for me.

bergerud
10-24-2015, 07:17 PM
I wonder if your rollers are too tight. I had noticed once that if the rollers are really tight, the outside roller race distorts and the rollers feel lumpy as the the balls roll around inside.

TravBWest
04-03-2017, 05:15 PM
I've been fighting this Z Axis stall
Err E06-0324 for a few days now. I've cleaned and lubricated everything. I put the dot of glue on the encoder, checked my ribbon cable etc. I have defeated the door switches and have it open. I just got the error again while doing the Y axis user test this thing makes no sense. I have the CX model and only 260hrs on the unit.

bergerud
04-03-2017, 05:58 PM
We need an account of exactly when and how the stall happens.

TravBWest
04-03-2017, 06:21 PM
This time because it's so random has happened after it asks if I want to stay under the rollers and then it says measuring board it moves about 2 1/2" and then says Z Axis stall Err E06-0324

fwharris
04-03-2017, 06:36 PM
I would suggest looking at the ffc cable to insure it is plugged in correctly into the back of the Y truck and that there are no breaks or cracks.

Digitalwoodshop
04-04-2017, 12:37 PM
I would replace the FFC Cable... A Intermittent break in the copper is likely causing this. Where the plastic holds the copper together until the Y moves and bends.

A TEST.... Move the head to the upper pin then go in and select options and sensor data and Z data. This will show up as 0000 wherever you have the head.

Move the head UP and Down and LEFT and Right. Return to the upper pin and look at the data. It should return to 0000 as it is just a counter. IF the FFC Cable is bad at least with the Encoder Data the number will be different because the break in the wire.

IF the wires in the FFC Cable supplying the POWER to the Servo break intermittently then the motor will do the same.

Have also seen this when the Encoder solder Connection snaps at the pin and donut ring. You can't see it on the servo as it is the underside.

AL

TravBWest
04-09-2017, 08:43 PM
Just a little update on this thread. Sorry to have left you hanging with no feedback as I ordered a new FFC cable and ribbon cable to head the next morning and I work 4 on 4 off with a day of OT in there. Anyhow my parts arrived and I watched the link as recommended I also have the entire manual that I printed out so I have a hard copy in front of me for anything and I write notes etc so I have my own added troubleshooting guide. So the parts came in and I had my first day off I went down and powered her up and selected a pattern and started it and it carved for about an hr on a piece of scrap poplar I had and it stopped and said the same error code. So I threaded the new FFC cable and installed it and recleaned and blew out everything and selected a fresh pattern and a new piece of poplar. So far today I've done 3 carvings and I'm shutting her down to crash for the night and get a fresh start on some carving tomorrow am. Thanks for the help Gentlemen I will be ordering a spare to add to my parts cabinet for her. Thank You Again!

Digitalwoodshop
04-10-2017, 12:54 PM
Just a little update on this thread. Sorry to have left you hanging with no feedback as I ordered a new FFC cable and ribbon cable to head the next morning and I work 4 on 4 off with a day of OT in there. Anyhow my parts arrived and I watched the link as recommended I also have the entire manual that I printed out so I have a hard copy in front of me for anything and I write notes etc so I have my own added troubleshooting guide. So the parts came in and I had my first day off I went down and powered her up and selected a pattern and started it and it carved for about an hr on a piece of scrap poplar I had and it stopped and said the same error code. So I threaded the new FFC cable and installed it and recleaned and blew out everything and selected a fresh pattern and a new piece of poplar. So far today I've done 3 carvings and I'm shutting her down to crash for the night and get a fresh start on some carving tomorrow am. Thanks for the help Gentlemen I will be ordering a spare to add to my parts cabinet for her. Thank You Again!

Good Job !!!!

Since you are planning ahead... GOOD to see...

Also order some Cut Motor Brushes for the 250 cut hour maintenance. Get more then one set as they go out of stock often.

And if you don't have a good moly lube for the flex get the one LHR sells as a burned up flex is very expensive and VERY preventable...

And have some 685ZZ Metric bearings to replace the Y Gear box Bearings at 250 too... will save you from having to buy a new gearbox since they are no longer selling the shaft gear.

AL

TravBWest
04-13-2017, 01:18 PM
Thanks AL I have a couple of bottles of lube because I learned that lesson early on at about 60 hrs. I do need to order some bearings and stuff to keep on hand as well as a spare o-ring or 2 for the board tracking. That is crazy that they won't be carrying that shafted. What are we supposed to do then fab our own until they come up with a replacement? I also had a quick question for you. Is it a necessity to upgrade to designer 3 to use the 1/32 bit?

Digitalwoodshop
04-13-2017, 02:10 PM
Thanks AL I have a couple of bottles of lube because I learned that lesson early on at about 60 hrs. I do need to order some bearings and stuff to keep on hand as well as a spare o-ring or 2 for the board tracking. That is crazy that they won't be carrying that shafted. What are we supposed to do then fab our own until they come up with a replacement? I also had a quick question for you. Is it a necessity to upgrade to designer 3 to use the 1/32 bit?

I ordered some 5 mm shafts 4 inches long from eBay along with some 5 mm set screw rings like I use as a bit stop. I am hoping to be able to tap out the worn shaft and use the new shafts and locking rings as a replacement. They are still on a slow boat from China....

I can use my chain saw chain grinder to cut them to length. This was a long 1/4 inch shaft bit I cut down.

AL