PDA

View Full Version : Roller compression switch

BlakNyte
03-14-2007, 12:30 PM
Ok - so I've had the machine for a couple weeks now and only have like 9 hours of cut time on it.

Out of the box I had the not enough compression, read the forums and found it was a simple fix, added the washers to the crank and got the compression to 85-90 lbs - but it still didn't work all the time. I have found that the rear compression roller is my problem - more precisely the switch seems to be misaligned. If I got to the diagnostic menu - 0-7 - and test all the sensors, I can reach under and push up the front roller, hear the click and get the compressed message. When I do it to the back roller sometimes I hear the click.

I talked to a lovely young woman at tech support and she walked me through opening up the beast - simple adjustment.

I loaded a simple project to test the machine but now I'm not only getting the problem with the roller but also the dreaded Y axis error (is that thing like the check engine idiot light or does it have a specific problem)

Ok - I'm done writing my book, I guess - if anyone can help I'd be eternally grateful.