PDA

View Full Version : no heavy duty traction belts????

jab73180
10-07-2015, 08:23 AM
maybe i wasnt looking in the right place, but i couldnt find the heavy duty traction belts on the website. i also couldnt find any posts on the forum here saying that they were out of stock. if they are out of stock, is there any timeline when they might be back in stock??

bergerud
10-07-2015, 08:59 AM
I think they may be out as you say:

http://store.carvewright.com/home.php?cat=283

fwharris
10-07-2015, 09:14 AM
I would give them a call to find out for sure.

jab73180
10-08-2015, 08:05 PM
Sorry for being late posting this. I called and lhr is indeed out of them with an eta of soon.

jab73180
10-23-2015, 02:27 PM
so i ordered the belts and got them the other day. i was looking them over, and they look different, they have ridges on them. having never seen the original ones, i thought they were smoother than these. can anyone verify? i didnt know if LHR sourced them from somewhere different this time? i started to install them today and noticed something wierd. i slid them on the drive trays, tensioned the springs and it was like the rollers were bent. the rollers are straight and they roll straight as an arrow. the belt would bind in a certain spot, roll really hard for a quarter of a roll and free up untill that spot again. i know it isnt right, and it would cause undo stress on the x drive system. any feed back would be appreciated.

bergerud
10-23-2015, 02:51 PM
The belts do have ridges on them. I noticed the same thing with my rubber belts when I got them. They seem to stretch and contract as they roll around. Not exactly uniform. I am not sure if it makes any difference to the operation.

jab73180
10-23-2015, 05:58 PM
The belts do have ridges on them. I noticed the same thing with my rubber belts when I got them. They seem to stretch and contract as they roll around. Not exactly uniform. I am not sure if it makes any difference to the operation.
Thank you sir