PDA

View Full Version : wheels on the truck loose

menewfy
03-13-2007, 11:51 PM
I need help I noticed that the carving was not smooth and after inspecting it realized that the wheel on the bottom left of the truck is loose and I can not get it to tighten.

the screw just spins out of control with no hint it is getting tighter. I am hoping that I will be able to tighten it without removing a whole pile of stuff, but if anyone knows how to do this or have had it happen please let me know.

thanks
tim

DWD
03-14-2007, 12:28 AM
When this happened to me I had to send the CW to Huston. These wheels are pressure fitted and should not come off.

I need help I noticed that the carving was not smooth and after inspecting it realized that the wheel on the bottom left of the truck is loose and I can not get it to tighten.

the screw just spins out of control with no hint it is getting tighter. I am hoping that I will be able to tighten it without removing a whole pile of stuff, but if anyone knows how to do this or have had it happen please let me know.

thanks
tim

menewfy
03-14-2007, 08:10 AM
I took the plastic sweeper off and I found a little round piece of plastic I dont know if it came from the same spot I just happened to see it when I took it off. perhaps I will call cw this am.

Tim

Bill
03-14-2007, 08:44 AM
Hello Tim,
I am just curious, how many hours you have on your machine.

menewfy
03-14-2007, 09:44 AM
hi bill i only have 71 hours so far.

Has anyone else had this happen?

Bill
03-14-2007, 10:10 AM
Hello Tim,

I was just curious and what to watch for as the hours
mount up because of the amount of vibration that is
in the y-truck.
( I think the y-truck takes a pretty good pounding )

I do believe the board sensor and the problem your
having with the wheel loosening is caused by vibration
and I have found a few other nuts & bolts coming loose
and even falling out do to vibration that had to be tightened up
or reinstalled.

menewfy
03-14-2007, 10:33 AM
I see well apparently the left side of the truck (i think is the Z truck) the one that goes up and down is the fixed side and the right side is adjustable. They are saying that it is quite involved to put it back together and have it right, but I should have the parts tomorrow and I will ask one of the techies to walk me thru it we shall see.

I have not had any bolts come loose as far as I can tell, as a matter of fact the only problem I have had with this machine (which is my second after I did an exchange) is the sandpaper ripping, other than that I have like I said about 71 hours on it and other than me making mistakes during programming my project it has worked great.

the reason I did not get on here and start bragging was I did not want to nix it, I am sure you all understand that. Now however it is too late to nix anything so there you have it.

My name is Tim Newman and I am an addict.

jimmars
03-15-2007, 11:30 AM
I didn't find the procedure to adjust the z truck bearing to be very difficult. It just takes patience. You will need a special wrench to make the adjustment. This is what you need:
1. 12mm wrench that is very thin, about 1/8" thick. I used a bicycle wrench that is stamped out of flat steel. Bicycle stores usually have them, as do some sports and hardware stores that carry bicycle parts.
2. Loctite Red
3. Phillips screw driver. Number 2 (i think). I used one of the very short stubbly ones, because I found it easier to feel movement in the bearing play
Go slow and don't preload (tighten) the bearing so much that it binds. You want to find the sweet spot between having just minute play (movement) in the z truck and too much preload on the bearing.

Mike
03-15-2007, 03:38 PM
The wheels are ment to turn about one quarter turn and be loose enough to take off the truck. If you are just spinning a screw than it might be broke.The nut in the back is where it is loosened up.

menewfy
03-16-2007, 07:42 AM
Thanks for the info everyone as always I can not only count on CW but you as well. thanks

I go tthe part yesterday and spoke with a guy named Omar and he walked me thru it and speaking of patience kudo's to him for his cause it took me a long time (only cause I stripped the screw and did not have the right wrench, having to make one up) thanks again Omar

So it is back up and running with the exception of the sandpaper it should be on the way soon hopefully today.

take care