PDA

View Full Version : Great weekrnd for a craft show

myshop1044
10-04-2015, 10:43 AM
Just a while back there was discussion about craft shows. I just completed one yesterday. The weather was perfect.
The grandmaws could come out and bring the baby strollers and that was all we needed.
Attached is a few pictures from my location on the grounds( over 100 vendors) and my display is in the gazebo, I was able to get this location a few years back and I don't let it go.
The first picture is looking out from my spot and the other 2 are ,what I call my eye catcher items.
I am at the end of the path near the bayou and when they see my display , they have to come see my items.
I might add that I did quite well on the sales, some orders to fill and 2 possible sales of CW machines, they were asking for demos too.
Monday morning will be busy going get my wood for the orders and filling up my inventor for the next show in 2 weeks.

oscarl48
10-04-2015, 11:15 AM
Congratulations on a great show.

mtylerfl
10-04-2015, 03:19 PM
Looks and sounds like a great show! Love your location and booth setup!

How come you don't have any carved gators for those bayou folks?

Durtdawber
10-04-2015, 04:50 PM
Which part of LA are you located? Love the work. I'll bet anything with a fleur de lis does good in bayou country. I'm just across the border in east texas. I come over toward Alexandria and Bunkie occasionally to do one of my other hobbies... metal detecting.

Donnie

myshop1044
10-04-2015, 06:27 PM
I live in New Iberia, in south Louisiana, if you are in the area, drop me a PM and we can meet.
MT, believe or not , the food vendor was serving gator tail nuggets during the day. I have , in the past carved
some yard and man cave plaques with gators on them along with other wildlife of Louisiana on them too.
I will bring some of these plaques back around and sell them as new plaques.

Digitalwoodshop
10-04-2015, 06:48 PM
Very nice setup and Excellent Work. Looks like LSU stuff is hot.... Like printing money... :)

And you do so many different types of projects with really great pictures on your website.

Do you have a website QR code somewhere so customers can quick click on it.... and save it...

http://qrcode.meetheed.com/qrcode_what_is.php

I can see why the interest in 2 machines...

I am glad you did well, this is what it is all about...

AL

myshop1044
10-04-2015, 07:03 PM
No I don't have a QR Code, what I do have is a book on the table at the show showing other projects that I done.
This gives them ideas to work with. I do have a web site and I do give out a business cards with every sale. I also hand out cards with no sales.
I have picked up quite a few orders from these cards sometimes a few months to a year later.

lynnfrwd
10-04-2015, 10:21 PM
Another great post!

Digitalwoodshop
10-05-2015, 12:33 PM
Send my a PM with your address and I will print you some QR Codes on white plastic and you can make a card holder with a QR Code on the side. That might help business as no card to loose and captured on a smart phone.

I even put it on the back of my tag samples.

Offer open to anyone... Send website and address. FREE...

AL

DianMayfield
10-05-2015, 01:10 PM
Al, Thanks for the link - everything you needed to know about QR in 5.7 minutes.

Perry, The two CW links in your signature are both 404 :(